IGNORED

inputs on the venture's, likes and do not likes

gamberch

Guest tx2sturgis
Hey guys I have another question for you guys. Is there really any big difference from a 2001-2012 Yamaha Royal Star venture. I doesnt see to much except maybe the seat and the engine was painted

Really, its mostly cosmetic, paint colors, plus some differences in seats, chrome, and supplied audio accessories.

For instance, my 2007 Midnight Black, came with chrome front forks and fork tins, and a blacked out engine treatment/powdercoat, with chrome engine bottom end, and a pillowtop seat.

Other models have studded seats, maybe a tad less chrome, and natural aluminum

engine. Some later models came with either a CD changer or a supplied Star-branded ipod music player.

The MM models were kinda shiny, but you might not find one listed anywhere.

But internals were all the same in the years listed by others.

Find a well-maintained unit with 5,000-15,000 miles per year of age, in a color you like, strike a deal, and ride her home! :happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

I have to agree with the comments of the Venture as having the most comfortable, well positioned sitting and the smoothness of operation. But, to enhance all these fine qualifications, I added the Hannigan Trike Kit. Man, I don't believe there is a finer ride anywhere. Just sit in comfort, listen to the purr of that fine motor, enjoy the ride and never worry about slow speeds, sharp corners, sand on the the highway or anything else in particular, except maybe dumb cagers. This is truly a dream machine now, to me. I truly love it and wouldn't change a thing. You will never be sorry that you chose that Yamaha Venture.

Owen.

I just checked the Star website and the 2013 is still featured with a 5 year unlimited mileage warrenty plus roadside service. In typical Yamaha fashion (re 1st gens) this is the most under appreciated under promoted,underdeveloped luxo touring bike on the planet.Buy one in whatever color you like with a mileage count you can live with and a price you like and you will not be sorry.And you wont be meeting yourself coming down the road.

I loved my '05. I loved it so much, that I am most likely headed down to GA to buy another one ('08) model. It handles great and always seemed to have plenty of power. Plus, as a perk, I can attest to the ability of the crash bars to help keep you safe.

• 4 weeks later...
I loved my '05. I loved it so much, that I am most likely headed down to GA to buy another one ('08) model. It handles great and always seemed to have plenty of power. Plus, as a perk, I can attest to the ability of the crash bars to help keep you safe.

Why do people go to GA to buy their bikes?

From my meanderings of bikes for sale on the 'net it appears that they usually sell for less in Georgia, don't know why though. :confused24: The Venture has been the only bike I've found, so far, that fits me just about perfectly, and I've checked the fit on just about every tourer out there.

I am a pretty big guy. 6'4" and 300 pounds. I have been riding a Kawasaki Concours (old C10) for the last 6 years or so. I love the bike and it is so reliable I will probably never get rid of it. I also bought a Vstar 1100 from my father in law about 3 years ago. Not bad but very small and crappy handling in my opinion. I had been looking for a bigger touring style bike and loved the Goldwing but not the prices. Harleys surprisingly enough are to small for me. Then I sat on a Venture. Fell in love with it and started searching for nothing else. I picked up a 99 from someone on this forum and have been riding every day since. I has lots of power even for a fatty like me. And unlike a lot have said on here, I think it handles great. (At least it is 100% better than the Vstar) Even in low speed parking lot type maneuvers. That might just be because of my size and ability to manhandle it pretty easily. And in the curves, I think it handles almost as well as my Concours. I did put highway pegs on it to stretch out on for long trips, but even without them, I think I would be perfectly fine. If/when this one ever craps out on me, I will go right out and buy another one. And as far as the tape deck and that kind of stuff, it can all be changed out.

SilverT I bought the 2012 in May and it has the 5 year warranty. Wish Yamaha gave Canada the roadside assistance as the U.S. does.Also the bigger I-pod(Canada gets 2gig one and U.S. gets an 8gig I think.

Just turned 13,000klms and would not trade for any other bike.

Thanks Freebird & MarCarl ! Phantom Wife liked your comments about trailer and riding position.

SilverT I bought the 2012 in May and it has the 5 year warranty. Wish Yamaha gave Canada the roadside assistance as the U.S. does.Also the bigger I-pod(Canada gets 2gig one and U.S. gets an 8gig I think.

Just turned 13,000klms and would not trade for any other bike.

Thanks Freebird & MarCarl ! Phantom Wife liked your comments about trailer and riding position.

Back in the spring I road tested a 2012 CCT. At the time the dealer had 2 - 2011s. According to the dealer, the 2011 was the last year of the 5 yr warranty. The 2012 only had a 3 year warranty. This also applies to the 2013.

I also just called the local dealer and he verified that. Are you sure yours is a 2012??