IGNORED

class controller display psi vs kg/cm

My controller was kaput so I replaced it. The broken one's display read in kg/cm3 the used one I replaced it with is in PSI which is fine. I was only wondering if either display could be selected by simple button magic or are they US bikes in PSI and CDN bikes in kg/cm3.:detective:

When you say it was "kaput" was it by any chance showing an "E4" error? Because they can be repaired!

The is help here on how to resolder the connections...which has brought many Class controllers back from the dead.

I just bought a soldering iron and de-solder vacuum so I can work on a few I have with issues.

• 2 weeks later...

No the PO had gutted the circuit board and basically hard wired the switches. The display was non functioning and he had removed the pressure sensor output and installed a small dia. tubing and a gauge that he had put under the false tank. I took all that off and found all the parts i needed on ebay to make it stock again. Now it works like it supposed to sweeeet.:cool10:

When you say it was "kaput" was it by any chance showing an "E4" error? Because they can be repaired!

The is help here on how to resolder the connections...which has brought many Class controllers back from the dead.

I just bought a soldering iron and de-solder vacuum so I can work on a few I have with issues.

Did mine a few days ago ... Went like a dream and was back on the bike in under 30 minutes.

No need to desolder ... Just feed in a little fresh solder as you touch the contact point with the iron ... It needs the flux in the fresh solder to flow.

Did the connector and a few other "suspects".

Working normally now.