IGNORED

Gear chirpping

Graniteguy

I have just had my 05 RSMV into the shop where I had to insist on a new clutch basket because of the chirping.The dealer ordered and installed it, I had requested that he order ( i forget which one I was told about on here) not sure if he did or not, I was told that yamaha made four different ones for this problem. IT is louder than before, and when I returned to the dealer he told me that it was a one time fix from the factory and they would not do it again at there expense.Question...who has had it done and was the results satisfactory? What part number was used? After I get some more info IM going right to factory rep. I also had the exaust leak on the right Y and after much arguing with the service manager I asked for a second opinion from the factory and was told that the factory does not get involved in such matters. I knew It was Bull*%#$ he was feeding me so I told him I would contact the factory myself, all of a sudden my exaust pipe was ordered and installed.

Mine was replaced with the "I" basket. They do say one time only but some have had several to find the right fix. A good dealer will help you out, they dont get paid much from factory to do it, so some try not to!

The Y pipe is a no brainer for the dealer, its in his service bulletins.

Stick to your guns and/or find a better dealer!:080402gudl_prv:

I have just had my 05 RSMV into the shop where I had to insist on a new clutch basket because of the chirping.The dealer ordered and installed it, I had requested that he order ( i forget which one I was told about on here) not sure if he did or not, I was told that yamaha made four different ones for this problem. IT is louder than before, and when I returned to the dealer he told me that it was a one time fix from the factory and they would not do it again at there expense.Question...who has had it done and was the results satisfactory? What part number was used? After I get some more info IM going right to factory rep. I also had the exaust leak on the right Y and after much arguing with the service manager I asked for a second opinion from the factory and was told that the factory does not get involved in such matters. I knew It was Bull*%#$ he was feeding me so I told him I would contact the factory myself, all of a sudden my exaust pipe was ordered and installed.

Thats the risk you run when you request the basket change, you may get one thats worse than what you had, and then your really stuck. Its unfortunate that Yamaha can't, or doesn't want to fix the problem. I know a person who would like to buy a new venture, but won't because he's afraid he may get a chirper. Can't say I blame him. I had considered trading mine in for a newer one, but mine doesn't chirp so I'll just keep it for now or at least until it starts chirping, I'm at 50k KM',s now so I guess I'm lucky.

My service advisor here in Vegas said that the different gears are 1,2,3,4, but hen again I already know he is an idiot. I will go to the factory about this and let all know what has transpired. I think the problem with the Vegas dealers is all are owned by one guy,and the fact that I bought my bike from a friends dealership in Ca. does not help either.

Stick to your guns and/or find a better dealer!:080402gudl_prv:

Easier said than done Salty... ALL the Yamaha shops in town here are owned by the same company!!

:bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

Bill... go to the dealer in Pahrump... Fred Vogt has a long satnding relationship there and speaks pretty highly of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Easier said than done Salty... ALL the Yamaha shops in town here are owned by the same company!!

:bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

Bill... go to the dealer in Pahrump... Fred Vogt has a long satnding relationship there and speaks pretty highly of them.

OUCH talk about cornering the market! Well maybe back to where th bike is purchased. Obviously the tech they have doing oil changed doesnt know about the different lettered baskets rather than numbered gears LOL.

i have to go 2 1/2 hrs to dealer when nedded but sure worth it!