IGNORED

Another shot in the back..........

DragonRider

I am sitting home recuperating from another injection into my spine for the lower back pain that has me up and down. The last injection lasted me over 6 months, the Dr. thought that was amazing. I hope this one last just as long, you normally have to get at least 2 or 3 before you get some relief, but I got a good Dr. and he hit it right the first time, not like the Dr. Charlene used 6 times and never got any relief, that why she went the surgical route.

On another note wanted to let ya'll know I have posted the V Star 1300 Tour I have had for the last 5 years on E Bay. Got to make room for the Trike I have yet to find, but not in a big hurry, at least Charlene isn't. If anyone is interested in it from the site, I would be willing to sell it for the reserve price I have listed on Ebay. If you want to check it out here is the lilnk.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130754333785?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Edited by DragonRider

Thanks Eck, I am confident it will be gone or much better by Monday, this guy performed a miracle on me last time, expect the same results again.........!!!!

Here's to wishing you a good recovery so that you are pain free and able to ride again soon my friend.

This was called a nerve root block, when he started pumping it in, I felt it all the way down to my toes, he said that was good, he hit his target spot.

Just had the same thing done 2 weeks ago. He went in and did the nerves. Using laser guided needles and some kind of dye I think he said. Hope mine last 6 months also.

consider yourselves VERY fortunate. ive had 5 epidural injections in the last year! each lasting barely a month! the last only 3 weeks. ive also had trigger points and interlumbar muscle inections. guess jumping out of planes for a living really did a number to my spine. good luck with the sale of the bike!

I have nerve block injections.... you got a good man there Lewis :thumbsup2:

I have mine done using the dye and X-ray method, like you, sure know when he hits the spot.

Riding a trike is going to be easier on your lower back, not so much twisting for on/off and standing the bike up :thumbsup2: Expect to see you next year on a trike :sign woo hoo:

This was called a nerve root block, when he started pumping it in, I felt it all the way down to my toes, he said that was good, he hit his target spot.

i was knocked out. Never felt a thing. But every morning for about a week my tailbone hurt in for about an hour after I got up. Still way better than the lower back hurting all the time.

Good luck but don't wait to long before considering surgery. I started out getting shots in the back every two weeks for about 6 months, then went to going in the hospital and getting epidural injections once a month for four months. The Doctor doing the epidurals told me on my last visit to him that this was a waste of time and that I needed to see a surgeon. I told him it was the surgeon who sent me here, he then told me to find a different surgeon. After some searching I found a very respected surgeon who told me I should of had surgery when I first got hurt. (broke my back in three places) Now I have degenerative spine disease and coming up on my third back surgery. I was jerked around for four years by the surgeon my health plan sent me to with physical therapy, pain clinics, shots and electric stimulating. Get a second or third option, the shots just mask the pain, they don't fix anything. Just my 2 cents worth.

I had my first operation when I was 25 it was a part disc discectomy , I had a slipped disc pinching a nerve down my right leg after 12 years at 37 my spine shifted 6 milimetres off the base went into my second operation and had a fusion with 2 screws that was 13 years ago . You have good days and bad days but I can not sit around for very long it drives me crazy . I worked 4 months with a slipped disc pinching a nerve till they sent me to a surgent and he operated within 4 days .

Barry

My back isnt that bad yet, the disc in my neck is worse than my back, but its all manageable. I went to the same Dr. at Emory that did my wifes back and he said it wasnt that bad yet, the pain is all localized, once it starts moving down my hip and into my leg then I might need surgery. I dont want to go went my wife went through, she had 6 surgeries in 1 1/2 years. 2 back surgeries, 1 neck surgery, total hip replacement and 2 carpal tunnel surgeries. My back pain is gone already so things are looking up. When guys at work tell me their back hurts I tell them to get to a ortho Dr pronto, dont put it off, it wont get better just worse.

I hate to get rid of it, but it just sits there, and I dont want it to not be ridden, I love my 1st Gen and I just cant get over how great that bike is, the 1st gen. Its like a brand new bike now, it has never ever run or looked as good as it does now, not even when I first bought it. The only mileage put on it since I got the Venture back together was put on there by Jamie, when he rode it about a month ago.

darn lewis, your giving that bike away. people just don't know the secret that we know about what a great bike they are. i'm going to sell mine one of these days just can't let go yet. hope you get that back straightened out. see you in memphis, good buddy. bill:2133:
Edited by DragonRider