IGNORED

Stirring the pot...again

PITBULL

Had to post this....found in a bit interesting. I just copied a portion of it.

It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the co ffers of Saudi Arabia Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is m ore frustratingthan the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil :

Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo......................from South America , from a Dictator who hates Americans

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (oil is now $90-$95 a barrel)

Here are some large com panies that

DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco...................0 barrels

Conoco..................0 barrels

Sinclair.................0 barrels

BP/Phillips............0 barrels

Hess.......................0 barrels

ARC0....................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy

and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much

they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do.

Thank You Pitbull for this information. Guess like many of us the day to day life routine does not make us think of this information, rather were is the lowest price for gas so we can save a buck. Very Informative. Yes we all should take responsability to making the USA safe from importated goods. Not to carry on, but as a child, if it was not made in America, we would simply not buy it. Today is another story. I feel that a true American President should tell these forien countrys that for every product delivered and sold here in the USA, a product will be bought from that country, or we don't need your foreign products. Later-

All the gas in one area comes out of the same pipe. Here in Amarillo, fuel comes from 1 of 2 places. All gasoline products come from the Valero outlet north of town. Diesel fuel either comes from the Valero outlet or off the rail cars along Ross St. It's all the same fuel around here.

All the gas in one area comes out of the same pipe. Here in Amarillo, fuel comes from 1 of 2 places. All gasoline products come from the Valero outlet north of town. Diesel fuel either comes from the Valero outlet or off the rail cars along Ross St. It's all the same fuel around here.

You are correct all oil is refined and then pumped into the main lines. All oil companies use these lines. There's no way you can tell where the oil that made the gas came from.

If you read, and accept, the Snopes article you find that, although this idea is basically false, one could limit gas purchases to companies that buy little or no OPEC oil.

As far as the gas all coming from the same lines, it doesn't much matter if Mid Eastern oil/gas co-mingle in a line, if you buy from only those companies that use no Mid Eastern oil, then you aren't sending any money to terrorist supporting countries. And, I believe, that is the point of the idea.

As for Citgo, they won't get any of my money because not only does hugo chavez hate America, and says so regularly, but they also use oil from iraq. The only time I would buy Citgo gas is if I were about to run out and there was nothing else around. I will not let that SOB make me walk! Although that did happen once. I was about out and decided to pass Citgo to the station across the street. Danged if the bike didn't die in the middle of the intersection, just past the stop sign! I wasn't on reserve, so I could have made it further, but it was just as easy to push it 10 yards.:confused24: Actually, I did take some perverse pleasure pushing the Road Sofa away from the citgo!