OK after fnding out my supposed better than stock R/R is worse than the stock one, only putting out 13.7V instead of the 14.0 from the stock one, and discovering the aftermarket one gets dragged down worse than the stock one, I have decided to do some research. Did a msearch here but no mention of any aftermarket R/R's!! Sooo, who knows of a good heavy duty voltage regulator for a 2nd Gen??

No, I do not know what brand aftermarket one I installed, I bought it along with the high output stator from Buckeye a couple of years ago but just got around to installing it this spring. It's in the trash right now...

No, I'm looking for a plug and play unit if possible. I too have an extra one of those replacement ones that has the 2 connectors on it, bought 2 of them, one for Goldie and the other for the '85 that I gave away a month ago. I was considering it but really don't want to bucher up my wiring quite yet.

Thanks for the offer Carl...

Bobo, have you tried looking into or splitting the Molex plug that goes into the R/R yet? Sometimes the wiring gets crispy in there, usually on the red wire end. Try and jiggle the wire with the bike running and have someone read the DMM and see if it changes anything. If it fluctuates then its the plug.

Nothing wrong with the plug Jeff! I installed both R/R's and compared voltage with the choke on twice to make absolutely sure. Also experimented with driving lights on and off to see which R/R got dragged down worse. That aftermarket R/R now resides in the circular file...