IGNORED

Rivco Center Stand Production

Alabamacameo

FYI: (Fri Aug 16)

Just talked with Stephanie at Rivco about a center stand for my 2000MM RSV. She said if they can get 20 orders (with a deposit to be charged when the stand is shipped), they will make a production run of RSV001 which is their center stand for '98 and newer Ventures. Their catalog shows a price of $349.95.. She said they have several calls/orders now and looking for minimum of 20.. Ask for her at 1-888-801-8222

www.rivcoproducts.com

Thanks..

(I have no interest in Rivco in any way...other than purchase a center stand)

• 1 year later...
FYI: (Fri Aug 16)

Just talked with Stephanie at Rivco about a center stand for my 2000MM RSV. She said if they can get 20 orders (with a deposit to be charged when the stand is shipped), they will make a production run of RSV001 which is their center stand for '98 and newer Ventures. Their catalog shows a price of $349.95.. She said they have several calls/orders now and looking for minimum of 20.. Ask for her at 1-888-801-8222

www.rivcoproducts.com

Thanks..

(I have no interest in Rivco in any way...other than purchase a center stand)

I just received an email from Chick at Rivco saying they are just about ready to make a run of Center Stands for our 2nd Gen Venture. They have 30 interested in one and when they get 20 committed with a $100 deposit...they will start the run. Anybody interested should let them know now.... She said things are moving fast!! As in the run will be very soon. Thanks.....

I also got the call. I am not going to let this get by me this time. If you can do the center stand, call the number and let her know. Steph told me she had 25 previously interested and needs 20 to confirm a limited production. Call her if your interested.

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

• 2 weeks later...
I also got the call. I am not going to let this get by me this time. If you can do the center stand, call the number and let her know. Steph told me she had 25 previously interested and needs 20 to confirm a limited production. Call her if your interested.

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

Got an email from Rivco asking for the $100 deposit so they can begin Center Stand production. Looks like they got the 20 folks needed to do this. Kind of pricey, but this is the one option I wish I had purchased earlier.

FYI if anyone is interested.. GREAT NEWS, I am ready to move forward with your $100 deposit, please call me, Chick, at 1-888-801-8222 so that I may process your final committed order with the $100 deposit. My hours are 9 am – 4:30 pm. central time. THE SOONER you make your deposit the SOONER your Rivco centerstand gets to you……;

Thank you, Chick

• 5 months later...
Check out the new center stand. Good job Rivco.....

I already have a Rivco on the '99, so the new one is still sitting unopened. I'll get it on the '07 one of these days..... I'm still not sure which way to go. For general tweeking the center stand is great, but for bigger jobs a lift, and one of Carbon 1's adaptors, is the way to go.... and for that the center needs to come off. Triked the '04 so there's no need there... :-) I do like the Rivco on my '99. 'Specially when working on the left side of the bike....

bought one of these. does not work if your bike is lowered. the install took double the time claimed....the bolt hole spacing is so perfect that it will take creative thinking to line them up. I had to use some very long bolts to guide them in and after tightening them removed one long bolt at a time and used the provided hardware.

the relocation of the emmssions valve is confusing and you wont know what the issue is until you retract the stand see the part that is hitting. doing the flip recommneded was not enough ...I needed a few washers as spacers to totally clear the issue.

so if you have a lowering kit you need to carry a peice of wood the thickness of your lowering kit, get off the bike and put that peice of wood on the ground, get back on the bike and put your rear tire on the wood, dismount and use the stand. whe you leave the area, ride you bike off the wood a foot or so, stop and get off the bike, get the peice of wood, and get back on your bike with the wood in your back pocket.

I used a small scissors jack to put pressure upward on the stand after installing the front large bolts. This made it easy to line up the two smaller bolt holes... No problem with lining up with the use of the jack... The more pressure with the jack forced the mount upward and the two holes lined up just fine... All this was done with the bike on the side stand.

After mounting, I put the bike on the center stand and went to work on the emissions valve remount. It was not easy....but did finally work. This is a "think" as you go process with this valve. A little persuasion to get to all the remounting bolts....and the job was almost complete. I did have to bend the mount a little to ensure clearance.

Then adjusted the rubber stop for the right clearance....

Job done....(couple of hours or so)...LOL. I am very slow....and old....

I haven't tried the jack under the bike yet. I do have a Carbon One adapter that I have been using with the MC jack. It doesn't appear that the center stand will need to come off to use the jack without the adapter. Yep...the adapter won't work with the stand mounted. But it looks like the jack will work good, as there are two flat plates on the center stand mount that should fit just fine on one of the jack arms.

And...my bike is lowered also. I did not have any difficulty at all getting it up on the center stand and off again. Didn't use a board for space.. Just flat off the floor. It popped right up and rocked off easily... Maybe it is not as low as some....

Sure like the convenience of checking the rear and front tire for nails, etc.. And also checking the oil is now very easy...as the bike is level...

Thanks.....

I am EXCEPTIONALLY pleased with my Center Stand from them, on my '08 RSV

I agree. Love mine too.

It takes a little more effort to lift the bike while deploying it, and also a little more forceful rock forward to drop back down from than the stock stands do that come on the first gens.

But it does what I expected of it.

If you have been on the fence considering one, go for it. I don't think you would have any regrets.

Rusty

I agree. Love mine too.

It takes a little more effort to lift the bike while deploying it, and also a little more forceful rock forward to drop back down from than the stock stands do that come on the first gens.

But it does what I expected of it.

If you have been on the fence considering one, go for it. I don't think you would have any regrets.

Rusty

Rusty, I don't understand. Why did you replace the OEM centerstand on your First Gen with a RIVCO?

Sorry for any confusion.

I was just comparing the effort needed to use the center stands on each of my Ventures. My '88 has the original stand, not a Rivco.

It's just a little easier to lift that bike onto it's stand than the MM with the Rivco.

Taller guys may not have any issue using the Rivco.

Sorry for any confusion.

I was just comparing the effort needed to use the center stands on each of my Ventures. My '88 has the original stand, not a Rivco.

It's just a little easier to lift that bike onto it's stand than the MM with the Rivco.

Taller guys may not have any issue using the Rivco.

OIC. Duh! Sorry. I didn't see that you had a Second Gen in addition to the First Gen.