Hi all. Well after years of turning one of my ventures in to chopper trike I am very happy with the outcome, few things still to be worked out and one of them is the carbs, The combo I have is a 83 motor with 87 stock carbs, stock air box and filter with Harley stock pipes I am very lean on the air fuel ratio all carbs read the same , two turns out on the pilot resulted in a white spark plug poor mid range, poor top end, and with 100 miles of test driving I am now at four turns on the pilot from full in, all spark plugs now reads gray in colour, on the road trike rides with OK mid range and poor top end power/ pulling power. So from here I'm thinking just go up one on the main jet, or should I go with 83 jets and needles to better suit the 83 motor, on ebay there is a jet kit for the 1200 and a kit tor the 1300 motor, not sure if I want or need to go that far as I don't know which kit to go with the 12 or the 13. Any one who has been down the road on this one I would love to have some input, thanks

I love it. That is a mean looking trike that I would be proud to ride. I think you have done a great job.

As for the carbs. I will defer to some of our first gen owners who are much better at them than I am. If I had to guess though, I would probably change the jets to the stock size for the '83.

if i recall, you go up one size to richen it on the main jet. i dont think it makes a difference in motors. im just trying to recall from dirtbiking. im running lean on 1/4 throttle, so im going up one in pilot. but mine also has different clip positions on the needle. i know i have some carb work to do on my first gen this winter...ugh...good luck