IGNORED

How manay Yamaha Dealers are there in the US?

Richb

It's funny that on another board a guy was saying he would rather have a HD because there are so many more dealers in his area. I looked it up and he had 6 HD dealers and 9 Yamaha dealers. He lived in Ohio. Next guy from CA claimed there were many more HD dealers in his area. I looked it up and they both had 6.

Based on the number on the first page of Ecks document and the number of pages I would estimate a little over 1300. I looked in a GPX file that I had and it was over 1300 also. But that may include Yamaha marine only dealers also.

Dennis

The problem is what you consider a "dealer". In our area all the dealers have been bought out by the large superstores like RideNow, Or as they are known around here as SlimeNow, They claim to be a dealer but don;t carry very many parts, do crappy service, sell every model of bike. So technically they are a "dealer" , but not like the old days where a dealer knows their product, specialized in one or two brands and helped their customers. The superstores now a days just fleece the newbees and jack the prices all around.

On that note...... I just loaded all the POI file for DQ locations into my GPS. Now I can find all the guys.

:big-grin-emoticon:

Mike

Now that would be some useful information. Not a day goes by that I don't desire either a "Hot Eat or Cold Treat". My Yamaha can go for months heck maybe even years withour needing a Yamaha stealer. :rotf: