IGNORED

Thrush glasspacks installed!

call me crazy, but, i saw a video of these on a RS, so, i put some on my 1st Gen! easy, less than 100 bucks. took a little tweaking with hangers to get centerstand to come up, but done! man, they sound good in the saddle for sure! ps...no welding. thrush part #24202. ID 2", overall length 27". used reducers from advance auto, 4 clamps. custom hang strap courtesy of local harware store, painted black.

call me crazy, but, i saw a video of these on a RS, so, i put some on my 1st Gen! easy, less than 100 bucks. took a little tweaking with hangers to get centerstand to come up, but done! man, they sound good in the saddle for sure! ps...no welding. thrush part #24202. ID 2", overall length 27". used reducers from advance auto, 4 clamps. custom hang strap courtesy of local harware store, painted black.

Oh I wish they still made the Purple Horny Turndowns!!!

Love them on the GTO!

:clap2:

Mike

Last set of "glass packs" I mounted on anything lasted like a month before it got ugly loud. Might not be as bad on a bike though. Any reason you didnt use Road King take offs? That seems to be the answer for the Gen 2. Do they still make just the "round" thrush, they were a bit milder in sound. Just looked at their site and it looks like those are no longer made.

just got back from 2 hr ride. these things hum nicely...not too overbearing at all. nice low grumble. i even noticed better throttle response, especially in 5th gear!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqywoIpaAc&feature=youtu.be. kinda crappy video, bike is louder in person.

Not bad from behind. I looked forever for a decent video of the RK muffs on a Gen2. Everything was like this from behind. What gave me a good idea was a guy shot some while riding from the dash or helmet. Then you could tell what it sounded like from the drivers seat. Just an idea. But I will say very ingenious. :cool10:

reason it runs better in 5th...now you can hear it. And maybe it's "leaned" out a rich condition. FYI...most(50% + 1) of us have carbs that are simply too rich due to wear and the floats sinking...a bit...you can blame ethanol...:backinmyday:

reason it runs better in 5th...now you can hear it. And maybe it's "leaned" out a rich condition. FYI...most(50% + 1) of us have carbs that are simply too rich due to wear and the floats sinking...a bit...you can blame ethanol...:backinmyday:

i doubt the volume had anything to do with it, but it did run rich. still does, just doesnt seem to smell as bad now. just ran the heck out of it.....its-a nice-a!