IGNORED

Barrett Jackson

Condor

Anybody else watching the auction on the speed channel??? I just enjoy looking at those restorations..... Better than a car show....

Love it..

I watch it all the time..some of those rides go for more money than I would ever expect..

I watched this 1950 GM bus be auctioned off, and what a treat it was to watch the bids on this thing..

Very unusual type bus..

1950 GM bus sells for $4 million: look at the pickture of the bus mid-page

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/22/Autos/funonwheels/gm_futurliner/

GM Futurliner Bus

There was a time when General Motors would simply put on its own car shows.

Between 1940 and 1956, the company put on touring "Motorama" shows in various cities across the country. (America first saw the Corvette at a Motorama show, for example.) GM also put on touring "Parade of Progress" shows. Those shows traveled around the country in a dozen huge buses like this one. Only three of those buses survive.

The side of the bus opens to reveal a huge retractable stage. The high cockpit of the bus was entered through a door in the front

Guest Saddletramp

Did you watch it tuesday night. There were actually affordable vehicles going across the block. $20,000 for a nice 65 Impala, $22,000 for a '69 Elcamino 396. Wish I was there with about $30,000 xtra in my pocket!!!

How about that beautiful '64 Plymouth Sport Fury 426/365 street wedge 4 spd for $68K, or that '65 Caprice 427/425 4 spd. no air, no power steering, or power brakes. Talk about a street sleeper?? Sat. nite is when the big guns come out, prices will be in the stratosphere!!

Don H.

How about that beautiful '64 Plymouth Sport Fury 426/365 street wedge 4 spd for $68K, or that '65 Caprice 427/425 4 spd. no air, no power steering, or power brakes. Talk about a street sleeper?? Sat. nite is when the big guns come out, prices will be in the stratosphere!!

Don H.

The one that surprised me was the 429 Cobra Jet. I didn't know they only made 200 of them... or at least that's what I thought I'd heard??.... Anyway I drove a brand new one back in '72 or '73. And I have a Holley Carb off one out in the garage somewhere... And... it went for $100g's. Wonder what the carb is worth?? :rotf::rotf:

I've been watching for years. Looking forward to Saturday when the Monkeymobile and the Batmobile go across.

Anybody catch up much Jesse James' Pikes Peak Hill Climb Blazer went for last night? It looks like either he or the Discovery Channel sent most of the Moster Garage cars across last night. Interested in the Blazer though as that was probably the best build of all the ones they did.

I've been watching for years. Looking forward to Saturday when the Monkeymobile and the Batmobile go across.

Anybody catch up much Jesse James' Pikes Peak Hill Climb Blazer went for last night? It looks like either he or the Discovery Channel sent most of the Moster Garage cars across last night. Interested in the Blazer though as that was probably the best build of all the ones they did.

If I remember correctly it went for somewhere in the $15,000 range????

I watched this 1950 GM bus be auctioned off, and what a treat it was to watch the bids on this thing..

Very unusual type bus..

1950 GM bus sells for $4 million: look at the pickture of the bus mid-page

...........................................................................................

If a '50 bus went for $4 mil, think they'd wanna give me a measly $1.5 for my 1950 truck? :confused24:

:beer:

Heck, it's a GM too!

Yeah recording 8 hrs of it right now to dvd... I have watched it every year since they started.. I am a fanatic (specially for FORDS)...have had many.. but I just can't wait for all those baby boomers to die off... then the prices on these 60's muscle cars will drop dramatically, and I can afford to buy one again...

Uhmmm you guys aren't baby boomer age are ya's..?? hehe... :whistling::whistling:

If a '50 bus went for $4 mil, think they'd wanna give me a measly $1.5 for my 1950 truck? :confused24:

:beer:

Heck, it's a GM too!

Did you ever watch the behind the scenes segment of that particular auction? Jackson going balistic, the auctioneer not knowing what the hell he was doing, and the bidders in total confusion. The camera crew in melt down. Now that was classic!!!

I went to the auction every other year for about 10 years. The company I work for had our National sales meeting there on the same week as the auction. But they moved our meeting date to the first week of Feb. last year. One of the ladies I work with has a brother "Clint Minchew" and he is one of the auctioneer's . He would get us front row seats... it was great.