IGNORED

Advice needed for intercom

Now that I have my RSV for almost 3 weeks and about 150 miles on her, I know nothing about the equipment to be able to use the intercom system. The after-market unit that we used on my Sabre worked OK under 25mph. But really is totally useless unless my wife & I rode a tandem bicycle!

First, what was the after market one you used? I am looking for something for my wifes vstar and cant afford the best.

Second get your headsets from wingstuff, or sierra electronics. If you are in Canada the shipping will kill you from wingstuff though. Wingstuff has headsets for around 60 bucks each and they are fine. There are more choices of headsets from sierra though, both sell J+M brand.

I am using J&M headsets and pretty happy. I had first the low end and it was fine for me and then upgraded the to high end and really can't tell a difference - of course I am tone deaf so any decent music sounds fine with me. Over though I am happy with J&M - put the lower end in wifes helmet and she is happy with it. J&M low end are about $110 or so plus lower cable. Hope that helps.

Guest MotorCycleRadio

Don't know which RSV you have...but the 2008 has an Inter-com volume control on the menu which gives plenty of volume for the headsets.

I have been using the chatterbox 5pin (the one made for harleys or wings) for 27000 miles now and they work fine.. The only problem is when my wife wanted to try a open face helmet and the wind noise was so bad I figured i'd have to get one of those mic mutes if she didnt go back to her closed face. She hated the open so its no problem now. I can hear her fine at 80mph. I use a open she a closed. They are cheap at about $70 bucks and slip on easy.

I have been using the chatterbox 5pin (the one made for harleys or wings) for 27000 miles now and they work fine.. The only problem is when my wife wanted to try a open face helmet and the wind noise was so bad I figured i'd have to get one of those mic mutes if she didnt go back to her closed face. She hated the open so its no problem now. I can hear her fine at 80mph. I use a open she a closed. They are cheap at about $70 bucks and slip on easy.

Always interesting to see new info - you are the first person I have ever heard that was satisfied with the Chatterbox units; they are almost universally reviled. That is not to say that others are not happy with them too, just no one has ever said so! At least none that I have seen. Personally, I would be very cautious about spending money on them, based on the preponderance of folks who dislike them.

Goose