IGNORED

Looking for a chrome trunk rack for my 86 VR

ctraylor

Curtis,

If your looking for a stock one from that era then ebay is going to be your best bet. They dont go cheap so be prepared to pay around the $150.00 mark for one.

Here is on I have on my '99 and I have done some measuring and it apperars that it will fit on the 1st gens also, but just barely.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=ZZ71104&cs=Metric&GID=742066FC-B604-4794-81D5-A4AAC6056D6C&store=&page=&search=

Here is an auction on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-Yamaha-Venture-Royale-XVZ-1200-Backrest-Luggage-Box_W0QQitemZ190045914099QQihZ009QQcategoryZ84147QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck in the quest!

I looked for about a year and a half for one for my '86. I finaly found one at a local Honda/Yami dealer that they said someone had ordered for an 1800 wing a didn't pick up. I like the look (it's a little smaller than what I've seen on most 1st Gens) and they let me have it for $75, but I don't think it's a stock wing rack. Most of the wing racks I have seen are of flat stock and mine has round rails. My bike never had a rack and I had to drill the mounting holes, so if you already have the holes it may not fit anyway. But you might try a dealer.

I just looked at the EBay link that Squidley posted and in the description they say that the rack is not included and they are selling it seperately.

Here are acouple of pics of my bike. I'll try and get a better picture of the rack later and add it.

Good catch Todd....it isn't included, but he's definitely way out of the ballpark on the price without it :no-no-no:

I figured you just missed that line, Brad. And you're right, over $150 for a box with a crack and four holes in it ?!?!? :rotf::rotf::rotf:

• 3 weeks later...

The rack that I sold to Skid was an original 'ventureline with V" in very good condition! I have 1 more of the same quality---------so if anyone is interested e-mail me------- it will line-up w/holes that are already drilled.:usa: :usa: :usa: AMERICA land of THE FREE because of THE BRAVE---------------

Skid put one on his 86 that looks as good as orginal. Forgot what he paid for it but it really came out nice. I have one to mount on the "Project Bike" before we are done with it.

Yes mine is original Yamaha equipment, and they are very hard to find. I you want a good luggage rack contact JRichard quickly,cause it won't last long....

And Thanks again JRichard, I haven't forgot that I still owe you one. Missed you at Vogel.

:beer: