IGNORED

Had new rear breaks put on when

midnightrider1300

Did the same thing just looking at them I thought they were getting pretty close to the end of the groove. So I picked up a set got home pulled the front calipers and wa la they looked brand new don't know if PO changed them or not 18k when I got it and over 30k now :cool10:

If you wonder why that is Donnie, I'll give you a insight. The rear brake calipers on the RSV and TD's are constantly dragging. This is why you'll hear some of the members talking about flipping their rear pads around, the inside pad is always dragging on the rotor as the caliper doesn't completely pull the pistons back in on the rear. Usually 2 rear sets to 1 front sets from all the ones I have worked on.

If you wonder why that is Donnie, I'll give you a insight. The rear brake calipers on the RSV and TD's are constantly dragging. This is why you'll hear some of the members talking about flipping their rear pads around, the inside pad is always dragging on the rotor as the caliper doesn't completely pull the pistons back in on the rear. Usually 2 rear sets to 1 front sets from all the ones I have worked on.

thanks for the heads up !!!!still learning about the bike as I've only had it since October and 12k miles later...:confused24::backinmyday: