IGNORED

Need some input/opinions

Eagle77

I am looking to purchase another bike and after a lot of looking and research I have pretty much decided to go with a Yamaha Road Star or Stratololiner. I am leaning toward the Stratoliner but I can purchase a new 2010 Road Star S for $12,000 and it is tempting. The Venture was just too hard to handle at slow speed. I might add I like to tour and I just turned 71 if that is a factor. I appreciate any and all advise.

Thanks

12k not a bad price ask them to take 3 of the 0 of of it and you will take it and remind them fathers day is coming up and that would be a great fathers day present to you :confused24: test ride it first to see if you can live with it

You might wanna check out one of the 90s Royal Stars. I love my '98 for short trips and errands. It is a couple of inches lower than my RSV and a little lighter. It is not near the "pig" the RSV is at slow speeds and in my limited experience rolls in and out of the twisties much better than my RSV. It has the same (reduced HP) 1300cc V4 as the Venture and is shaft drive.

Just my :2cents:

Gene,

I have an 06 Roadliner I brought new in 07. It has given me 48,000 trouble free miles. Plenty of power. Very smooth ride. Handles really well. The only issue with the roadliner or Strat is it sometimes stalls when you pull the clutch in after riding at low rpms. Not always but sometimes. Turning the switch to off and then back on seems to correct the problem for a while. Some complain about the rear tire wear. I avg about 8,000 per rear tire.

I have added Tsukayu saddle bags and a HD tour pack, as well as an the Ultimate Seats. Wife and I both love it. I had some pictures but can't seem to fine them at the moment. I'll post them once I fine them.