IGNORED

need carb help desperate

kwisor

hello all

i have been have trouble with the carbs on my bike what i found today i pulled the air intakes off again and tryed to spray in some carb cleaner on the rt rear carb when i spray it in with bike running the eng dose not change anyway when ideling when i sprayed the other three the motor would slow down i am getting ready to pull the carbs again dose it sound like a cloged jet if so can i remove them and clean them if so do thay just screw out or is the any adj like so many turn in or out or do thay just screw in

or is it another problem i need to look at

thank you

bumble bee

k wisor 1999 rsv

yes i have good spark on all 4 cyl. i just got back from test drive doing 100 mph on interstate i cleaned all 4 carb jets and still running like out of gas but when i acellerate it runs great but when i try to stay at one speed it will not run good it also back fires from the rt rear cyl

bumble bee

kevin wisor 1999 rsv

If it is backfiring it might notmbe getting a constant spark. A little unburned gas collects and then when the sparks finally arrives it backfires. just a guess but that comes from the old days when we used to turn the key off for a second or two on my dad's car and then turn it back on again resulting with a loud backfire. pretty cool until I blew the muffler off one day. Honest Dad, it just fell off!:no-no-no:

I have an 03 RSV. It was running terrible. I was in California getting ready for a cross country run. I broke down and took it to the local dealer in Rancho Cucamunga and the guys there were great. I would not have made it on my 6000 mile trip without getting their help with my RSV. So my advice is to take it to a reputable dealer and have it checked out with the correct tools and testing equipment. If you haven't got the tools you just as well either invest in the education and tools and then get the experience necessary to make things run correctly. Or take it to a dealer and get it fixed correctly.

Good luck

been there.....done that.

Kent