IGNORED

What do you recommend to Balance and Seal Tires?

GolfVenture

Good stuff I used it when I had my Venture

Wildhair39 told me about the stuff he said it work great he had to change his rear tire while out on the road tread was worn down he was everywhere!! Anyway when they removed the tire it had 4 or 5 nails in it.. He said he dint know about it due to the tire never loosing any air..

I do not recommend putting anything at all inside of a tire except air. The tire manufacturers all (as far as I know) flatly state not to use any of those products, and I agree with them. I also believe most, if not all, of the manufacturers state that the use of something inside their tires will void the warranty.

Many people either disagree with the manufacturers, or just do not care what they say, but it is something to at least think about.

Goose

Tire sealant never voided warranty when I was at Good Year

The three Good Year stores I managed we never voided tire warranty due to sealant in the tires!

Tires come from the MFG with workmanship & material defect Only you was pretty much screwed warranty wise unless you bought Road Hazard to cover tires due to nails & screws- bolts -curbing tire - etc etc. that would ruin the tire

Uniroyal came out with tires with thick band of tire sealant built in the tread area it worked fairly good but was a pain for balancing tires and doing patch jobs

In a way I can see your point on this! we did tell cust. that leaving tire sealant in the tires over long periods of time would eat away at the wheels (temp. use only)but we never did say it would void tire warranty

We had Fix-A-Flat for sale on the sales rack in the show room

far as I know and from others that use Ride-On we never had a issue with the wheels using Ride - On

I'm gonna go buy some now

Edited by buddy

I do not recommend putting anything at all inside of a tire except air. The tire manufacturers all (as far as I know) flatly state not to use any of those products, and I agree with them. I also believe most, if not all, of the manufacturers state that the use of something inside their tires will void the warranty.

Many people either disagree with the manufacturers, or just do not care what they say, but it is something to at least think about.

Goose

Good to see you're back Goose!!!

"My point" in this is simply that I chose to agree with the companies who manufacture the tires. I personally do not believe many of the claims made for the benefits to be gained by these add-on products. I do not personally see enough perceived value in them to to outweigh the drawbacks.

For those who like these products - that's just fine - everyone is free to spend their money any way they want. But the OP asked for recommendations, and mine is simply to not use these types of products.

And as for tire warranty issues - here is just one snippet from Dunlop's web site:

"Dunlop does not recommend the use of dry or liquid balancers/sealers and will not warrant tires into which these materials have been injected. Tire and wheel assembly balance must be checked with a balance stand or computer wheel balancer."

I have seen the same thing published by other brands, but I really do not care if they all say that or just one - that wasn't the main issue. I do not believe ANY tire manufacturer recommends these products, and that says volumes to me. Considering all the fantastic claims made for them about how much better your tires will be if you spend the additional money - any sane tire manufacturer would WANT you to use the products if they were really good things. In fact, they would sell their own brand of the same things! But they do not.

And in the end, I simply do not believe in them, nor do I recommend them to others. I DO believe in my own skills to both balance a tire properly, and repair it properly if that becomes necessary. So that is my personal choice.

"My point" in this is simply that I chose to agree with the companies who manufacture the tires. I personally do not believe many of the claims made for the benefits to be gained by these add-on products. I do not personally see enough perceived value in them to to outweigh the drawbacks.

For those who like these products - that's just fine - everyone is free to spend their money any way they want. But the OP asked for recommendations, and mine is simply to not use these types of products.

And as for tire warranty issues - here is just one snippet from Dunlop's web site:

"Dunlop does not recommend the use of dry or liquid balancers/sealers and will not warrant tires into which these materials have been injected. Tire and wheel assembly balance must be checked with a balance stand or computer wheel balancer."

I have seen the same thing published by other brands, but I really do not care if they all say that or just one - that wasn't the main issue. I do not believe ANY tire manufacturer recommends these products, and that says volumes to me. Considering all the fantastic claims made for them about how much better your tires will be if you spend the additional money - any sane tire manufacturer would WANT you to use the products if they were really good things. In fact, they would sell their own brand of the same things! But they do not.

And in the end, I simply do not believe in them, nor do I recommend them to others. I DO believe in my own skills to both balance a tire properly, and repair it properly if that becomes necessary. So that is my personal choice.

Kent all you had to say was " I do not recommend it".....

:doh:

We dint need a essay about how you feel about it :rotfl:

Kent all you had to say was " I do not recommend it".....

:doh:

We dint need a essay about how you feel about it :rotfl:

Hmmmm, I DID say that, in almost those exact words - look back to the post that YOU responded to:

"I do not recommend putting anything at all inside of a tire except air."

Guest scarylarry
Hmmmm, I DID say that, in almost those exact words - look back to the post that YOU responded to:

"I do not recommend putting anything at all inside of a tire except air."

Type on brother and welcome back...I sure missed your postings and it makes the 12.00 a year worth more..

I agree with goose, it is not a difficult job to do a good balance with the axle and jack stands and am not comfortable putting anything in my tires for the long haul. I can see using Fix-a-Flat in an emergency, and I did put some Green Slime in my lawn tractor that fixed a slow leak. Glad to see you back Goose and I enjoy your carefully thought out and informative dissertations.

RandyA

I also saw this and I to as Goose, do not believe putting any thing in my tires except air, period.

I clean the rims when I put new tires on with a copper wire brush at the tire bead on the rim. The rubber residue needs to come off as best you can. Goose uses the regular tire slick stuff to mount a tire, that is good, I use dish washing soap. So far no problems, but I am going to have to get me some that regular tire snot slicky mounting slimey stuff.

Man it is good to see you back old friend Goose. Post on if you feel like it, I am paying attention. I saw real quick that you where just trying to state your point and be on with it. I was going to do the same thing before I saw your post Goose. I do not like the add in stuff at all. A money gimmick and possible aluminum rim damage to.

My last set of tires where marked just as the old ones came off and put back on the same exact way. My first tire change I changed the tires to the Avons and then had them computer balanced. Ten bucks a piece I think. After that I have not balanced at all. No problems on a 1,000 mile round trip north and west and round trip home. I had her up to around 95 once and no balance issue. AVONS are the tire for me.

Once again Goose, Very Glad To See You Around, or read something from you I guess I should say.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :usa: