IGNORED

New type motorcycle

TEW47

Just remembered, a couple of weeks ago I read an article from the Government that stated they wanted to make gyroscopes mandatory on all motorcycles. Just think in a few all our motorcycles will stand up like this one.

tew47

Gyros have always facinated me. I just hope since it's going to be electrical it doesn't end up like all the rest and just be something that will be an around town puddle jumper. I can see the comsumption of amps to run the gyros being a limiting factor. Also the wheels act as gyros. Wonder what the effect will be at high speeds.... Gyros resist motion at 90 deg right angles. With all four working would they be in conflict???? :confused07:

I think the one in 67 was powered by a 500cc Honda engine with a dedicated generator powering the gyro. Two seat and just sooo very pretty. Claimed to get over 80 mpg on the highway with the streamlining and that driver fatigue would be minimized because you didn't have to avert attention to keeping it upright. A real great write-up in Popular Mechanics.

Just remembered, a couple of weeks ago I read an article from the Government that stated they wanted to make gyroscopes mandatory on all motorcycles. Just think in a few all our motorcycles will stand up like this one.

tew47

I don't think the government has any business in the motorcycle business, as a matter of fact everything the feds have gotten into they have screwed up. IMHO:stickpoke: