So after putting the bike back together and synching the carbs I am finding that when riding it seems as though it is starving for fuel or air? I haven't really riden the bike except for around the neighborhood. so when I try to get on it it get up to about 4000 or so and it isn't going further any suggestions as to where to start? Carbs? fuel?

Any advice is appreciated.

Keep the rubber on the road..

Did you put the fuel filter in new, right direction for flo? Fuel pump velocity fast enuff to fill up the carbs while you're going high rpm's? Got good or new diaphragms in the carbs?

Probably fuel, not air. :080402gudl_prv:

Did you put the fuel filter in new, right direction for flo? Fuel pump velocity fast enuff to fill up the carbs while you're going high rpm's? Got good or new diaphragms in the carbs?

Probably fuel, not air. :080402gudl_prv:

yup, never removed the fuel filter. I was wondering if it could have something to do with the fuel bowls? I did have the carb rebuilt and they said nothing needed to be replaced except for a few o rings???

So after putting the bike back together and synching the carbs I am finding that when riding it seems as though it is starving for fuel or air? I haven't really riden the bike except for around the neighborhood. so when I try to get on it it get up to about 4000 or so and it isn't going further any suggestions as to where to start? Carbs? fuel?

I had a Honda 'once upon a time' that would not go above 5,000 rpm. I finally found the problem; The carb diaphragms were torn and the slides were not moving.

Remove your air cleaner lid and watch the carb slides when you rev the engine. They should all move together and about the same distance.

:080402gudl_prv:

I just put a 84 Venture back together and had the same problem for me it was a bad fule filter and the line going to the tank needed to be replaced it wasnt leaking but there was a spot where it had gotten pinched and wasnt leting enough fule to get threw.

I had a Honda 'once upon a time' that would not go above 5,000 rpm. I finally found the problem; The carb diaphragms were torn and the slides were not moving.

Remove your air cleaner lid and watch the carb slides when you rev the engine. They should all move together and about the same distance.

:080402gudl_prv:

Thanks for the replies, the diaphragms are new so i will replace the fuel filter and let ya know what I find..:fingers-crossed-emo

Keep the rubber on the road..

I had the same issue on my 1st venture 83, holed diaphragms. So I got new from yamaha diaphragms with the slides. Or did you get the after market diaphragms installed ? If you got after market...who put them in? All it takes is one or 2 NG diaphragms meswsed up on install .I personally got the whole slide/diaphragms myself. Not cheap, but good for 35-60k miles.

I had the same issue on my 1st venture 83, holed diaphragms. So I got new from yamaha diaphragms with the slides. Or did you get the after market diaphragms installed ? If you got after market...who put them in? All it takes is one or 2 NG diaphragms meswsed up on install .I personally got the whole slide/diaphragms myself. Not cheap, but good for 35-60k miles.

I got the diaphragms from the store that was recommended on here. Cant remember the name but at discount. I put them in myself.

Peace out.

and keep the rubber on the road.