IGNORED

Swapping out the clutch basket question.

YamaDuck

Problem solved! Bad eyesight lead to alignment problem. Corrected and works fine now.

I know I have seen step by step instructions on swapping out the clutch basket but I can not find it. It may be on the other site I'm not sure. My 2001 Venture has gone from almost no whine when I bought it with 4,500 miles on it to screaming with almost 16,000 miles on it.

My question is, Is the nut that holds the smaller disk basket into the larger clutch basket a standard thread or a reverse thread? I have tried with all my might to loosen it by turning it to the left. I even added a 3 foot piece of steel rod to it and it will not budge.

With only 4,500 miles on it I don't know why anyone would have gone in there but I thick they did. I think they tightened it down with a lot more than 50 lbs of torgue. Non of the clutch disk are lined up as they should be. Evidently that is not important because it has been shifting fine for the last 11,000 miles.

Any suggestions on which way to turn that nut and how to break it free would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry

Edited by YamaDuck

Thanks. I finally got it off. It is standard thread and not reverse. However I have another problem. I put everything back together but now you can not pull the clutch lever in. I took everything back apart and it is sitting there with no clutch basket, clutch boss, or clutch plates and I still can not pull the clutch lever in.

Does anyone know what I did wrong????