IGNORED

Tail of the dragon

Redneck

I rode the tail of the dragon yesterday and it was crazy. Way too many idiots with no regard for human life yours or theirs. The tn leo's had 2 units with hand held radar guns working and it didn't faze the speed demons. Wolfie and I pass through today in the pu and saw 1 tn leo with radar two others with a wreck they had the rider lying out on his/her back beside the road. I think that is damn good place to stay away from.

A GREAT ride if you use a little Gray Matter. It does seem to draw its share of idiots!!

Hardley rider down there last year that needed his rear kicked. Nothing about the Harley he was just a moron. I think there were several about to give him what he was looking for.

It is interesting how much of a motorcycle icon that The Dragon has become. It is a neat road and a good ride when everyone is behaving, but with me being from the area of north east Tennessee, we have many roads that are as good or better than The Dragon.

BTW, great pictures.

RandyA

Guys I live about six hours away and it was always on my "to do list" so a couple of years ago I took off from work and rode the dragon on a Wednesday. I have to say it was great! I rode it on my 2002 R-1 never got above 40 mph and had the road mostly to myself. Talked to a few locals there and I was briefed here by a guy that lived up there for years. They all told me to stay away from there on the weekends too much craziness!!

A GREAT ride if you use a little Gray Matter. It does seem to draw its share of idiots!!

Hardley rider down there last year that needed his rear kicked. Nothing about the Harley he was just a moron. I think there were several about to give him what he was looking for.

Had a couple of idiots last year when we went up from vogel. They thought they were gonna whoop some older gentleman ass because they didn't like that he drove slower than they wanted to on the Dragon. I had to break it up.

It is interesting how much of a motorcycle icon that The Dragon has become. It is a neat road and a good ride when everyone is behaving, but with me being from the area of north east Tennessee, we have many roads that are as good or better than The Dragon.

BTW, great pictures.

RandyA

I like hwy 80 that runs north and south from Interstate breaks park on the KY/VA line south to I-81 much better than the dragon and no traffic.

This old guy would have jumped a crotch rocket driver's a$$ if I could have later identified him. On the last summer's Vogel ride, he cut under me :shock3: in a hard left turn. Thank goodness it didn't spook me enough to wreck my wife and me, but IF................

Had a couple of idiots last year when we went up from vogel. They thought they were gonna whoop some older gentleman ass because they didn't like that he drove slower than they wanted to on the Dragon. I had to break it up.

Thats the one. He wouldn't have had much of a chance...:whistling:I cheat.

There are so many awesome roads up there it's ridiculous. I like the Cherohala Skyway better than Deals Gap myself. Nice higher speed sweepers. Very little traffic, at least last time I was up there. Skyline Parkway heading north from hwy 129 is a nice high speed run too. It's definitely motorcycle heaven up there.

You did a damn fine job of it two, just to let you know, we had your back, and we thought you might need us, but from 100 feet away, they would have kicked your but good before we got there...................:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yah! Been there, done that, what's next...

The Rooster Tail (hiway 80) and The Diamondback (hiway 226A)both roads have an elevation rise of over 1000 feet and both are within eyesight of my house. Both of these roads make the Dragon look like a NASCAR oval track.