Guest scarylarry

Yes, the undrilled have a better tone I have drilled and undrilled and rarely use the undrilled, unless the neighbors tick me off then it is there 1 am wake up call when I come home...

I think it runs better with the undrilled set and there is no popping on the decel seems the back pressure is what these motors like...

Are the Rk exhausts that much better sounding that they are worth putting on. I don't want them loud but a little louder than the stock exhaust.

Definately! ... and for the price you can usually get them .... you can barely lose!

I'm running an undrilled '05 set, and they sound great. I'm glad I didn't drill them as they got louder after 10000 KM. Mine were virtually brand new when I put them on. I'd recommend putting them on undrilled initially, and ride with them for a while. Then if you find them not loud enough for your liking, drill them out. Ron:080402gudl_prv:

I'm running an undrilled '05 set, and they sound great. I'm glad I didn't drill them as they got louder after 10000 KM. Mine were virtually brand new when I put them on. I'd recommend putting them on undrilled initially, and ride with them for a while. Then if you find them not loud enough for your liking, drill them out. Ron:080402gudl_prv:

:sign yeah that: I installed a brand new set of 05's on the trike. They sound great, much louder then the stock mufflers and not near as loud as the fishtails that came on it. If I lower the idle a little you can hear the potato potato sound of a harley. Also elimanated the popping. These motors do need back pressure. Oh, they only cost $50 bucks. You can find them all over CraigsList.

Guest scarylarry

I'm thinking 98 or older...I have read many times that the CAT will not hurt anything...

Its my understanding that in 2010 they stopped putting the cats in the mufflers because everyone was removing them for after markets. The cats are now in the head pipes. If you look inside from the motor end of the muffler you can see the honey comb, thats the converter. some people have installed them with the converters and said they haven't had any problems:confused24:

Guest scarylarry

I'm really not sure on the year, but hey ride to the HD dealership and ask the parts counter..

You might get lucky and they have a set there cheap real cheap as in free...

Then while you are there look around just a toy store for wheels

I'm really not sure on the year, but hey ride to the HD dealership and ask the parts counter..

You might get lucky and they have a set there cheap real cheap as in free...

Then while you are there look around just a toy store for wheels

Thanks there is a dealer a few miles from me will check out Sat. What should I ask for?

Joe :confused24:

Guest scarylarry

A new CVO....:rotf:

I would see if they will tell you what year started having the CATS and then see if they have a set laying around....

Might want to leave the RSV part out, they do get pissy at times over that NOT but some..

Oh and if they have a CVO let me know I'm looking for a midnight blue or black one

Yea I have read up on these too a little. There is like 3yr that you dont want I think 07-10. Not positive. Research it before you commit to a set. Information is key. Chances are if your shooping at your local HD dealer for take offs they will only be of the last couple years though.