IGNORED

Garmin 550 Bluetooth Capabilities

I have a question I hope somebody here can answer. Having just purchased a 2011 FJR, I plan to mount a Garmin 550 on an aftermarket helibar triple tree clamp. My question is: Is the Garmin Zumo 550 bluetooth feature capable to send (via bluetooth) to a bluetooth capable helmet headset? If not, will the audio out be sufficient to power a regular headset? I know the bluetooth works with making and receiving calls, just not sure about the MPG3 player?

Thanks

I just looked at the owners manual at the Garmin website and it says that the Zumo 550 is made to pair with your phone for handsfree operation AND and bluetooth headset also. The MP3 player in the Zumo will play music through the bluetooth connection and when you receive or make a call it will automatically mute the MP3 music.

Go to the Garmin website and download the owner manual and look in the bluetooth pairing section for all the setup and priorities.

I just looked at the owners manual at the Garmin website and it says that the Zumo 550 is made to pair with your phone for handsfree operation AND and bluetooth headset also. The MP3 player in the Zumo will play music through the bluetooth connection and when you receive or make a call it will automatically mute the MP3 music.

Go to the Garmin website and download the owner manual and look in the bluetooth pairing section for all the setup and priorities.

Thank you. I was going to look at the Garmin website but I am in a hotel here in Savannah on company biz and was using their computer. There was a couple gents waiting to use the same computer but had time to throw out that question. I will check out the pairing when I get home. I was just hoping I didn't have to spend the bucks for a 660.

I have a question I hope somebody here can answer. Having just purchased a 2011 FJR, I plan to mount a Garmin 550 on an aftermarket helibar triple tree clamp. My question is: Is the Garmin Zumo 550 bluetooth feature capable to send (via bluetooth) to a bluetooth capable helmet headset? If not, will the audio out be sufficient to power a regular headset? I know the bluetooth works with making and receiving calls, just not sure about the MPG3 player?

Thanks

Yes and ... Yes. Bluetooth to the phone and to the head set. You can choose to have it send only phone calls to the bluetooth headset if you want. You can also send both to the headset. Hard wired to a headset, the audio is also loud enough. The wired audio to a speaker is really not loud enough for use on the bike. It is best to run it to some sort of amp. On the venture I ran it into the aux input. On the FJR I'm working on it...

Edited by Owen

On my Kawi I had been running an MP3 in my pocket. But long trips it didnt seem to have enough volume. I looked into something called a boosteroo. It is an inline amp basicly. I found sort of a knock off one on e-bay I actually liiked better because it used a aaa battery instead of the harder to find one for the boosteroo. Which I thin takes a 4a battery.