IGNORED

Looking for an on-line tire deal

I just ordered a tire from Dennis Kirk was about the best price I could find (I also had 2 gift cards) there are several others that are within a few bucks, southwest moto, motorcycle superstore, Jake W were close, j&p and cycle gear were quite a bit higher and all the dealers in the area were higher.

25 bucks is what I pay to have a tire mounted and balanced at Cycle Gear there are several folks here that do it themselves but for 25 bucks it is worth it to me to have someone else do it.

Is the 52 only if you buy the tires from them because that is not bad for two tires.

91 for front

99 for rear at Dennis Kirk

10 Tire fee

200 Total

Edited by etcswjoe

i have a pair of these 6 ply tires on my 88 and they are fine for highway but in the curves where i like to push my bike i've felt the front end slide on more than one occassion. i don't have a complaint for the rear . i ran a shinko tourmaster before and teh grip was awesome so i'm not a fan of a tire that slides in the curves. its done it on me from 32psi-38psi. just my $.02

I have gone with Jake Wilson and Dennis Kirk. However, when I recently needed an Avon Venom fast, I bought it from Amazon, where I am a Prime member. They were within $2 of Dennis Kirk on price, but I got overnight shipping for $3.99. If I wanted overnight from Dennis Kirk, it would add $146 to the price. In fact, Dennis Kirk always adds a "$5 tire fee," which makes them more expensive than Amazon who gives free 2-day shipping to Prime members.

There wasn't a Dunlop E3 on offer from Amazon, so back to Dennis Kirk I went for my new rear.

If you are a member of Amazon Prime, it's worth looking there.

Dave

I have bought my last 2 pair from Motorcycle Superstore. Free shipping, and best preices on size I was looking for at the time. I dont recall adding a "tire fee" either. coupons available Heres a page with rebates on Avon's

A couple more places I check for tires. http://www.ridedirect.com/index.html http://www.motorcycletire.com/merchant2/

Happy Hunting

Dozer,

I'm expecting the rear Shinko to arrive any day now. I'm still thinking I'll just remove the old tires myself and take them to a local tire store for balancing. But we'll see...

BTW, love the color of your scoot in your pic. Is that a custom paint job? Did you do that yourself? I'm thinking of doing something like that myself.

***I was talking about the "Blue" scoot that I saw in your pics.

Edited by ActionJax
***I was talking about the "blue" scoot that I saw.

Just wanted to say that I just went ahead and had a local dealer put my tires on. Only cost me $100.00 (well 150.00, since I had them look over a few other things.) I got the Shinko 230 Tourmasters (front and rear) from Motorcycle-Superstore for about 140.00 (free shipping) so I think I've got a pretty good deal all around. The dealer was actually really helpful. The mechanic that worked on my bike LOVES the early Ventures. He has one himself and just can't say enough about them. So it was really a pleasure to have him work on it. In fact he tells me that he wouldn't hesitate to hop on my scoot and take her across country. So that makes me feel good. :)

As for the Shinko's. WOW what a differnece. I had Dunlops on before. Although they were pretty well worn (previous owner) and I don't know what a new pair would feel like. But I gotta say I really like these Shinko's. I've road the bike for a couple "tank trips" since I have them put on last weekend. And so far I'm impressed with the performance. I'll keep you posted on the wear as the year goes by.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Now onto more riding!!