I put power to the horn and it works! I checked the wires to the horn they both have 11.8 volts brown and pink when I put ground to frame and check them. When I push the horn button the volts stay the same so is it the horn switch?

Is this the OE horn or the stabel?

-Volts on both wires of OE horn indicated open(missing) ground, that should be comming from the button and wires

-Volts on both wires of stebil horn also indicates missing ground, Is the relay contacts wired on the horn minus side?

Still suspect problem from switch

The volts on the two wires are the stock oem wires pink & brown that hooked to the oem horn. I used them along with new wires when I installed the stebel horn.

Brown should be 12v from battery

Pink should be ground from the push switch

Apply a ground jumper wire from frame or battery minus to pink, while still hooked to horn

suspect OE&stebil horns will blow and prove problem from button

If so take button back apart again and apply ground jumper from pink wire at button.

horns blow Y-pink wire ok down to horns, N-pink wire broken down to horns

apply ground jumper from black wire at button, and press button

horns blow Y-broken black wire to frame, N-problem contacts of button, clean

I have the switch housing apart the horn switch has a black wire and a pink wire. Neither has power to it. But the wires end hook to the oem horn a pink and brown both have 11.6 volts.

Ok,

11 volts on PINK wire at horn but not on PINK wire at horn button.

This pink wire is broken somewhere between the button and the horn.

Not sure but there may be a disconnect somewhere, will have to look at specific wiring diagram

appears to run thru 6 pin connector end of handlebar controls,

and a 20 pin main harness connector, I have no idea where.

backstab a ground wire into each 1/2 of these connectors on the pink wire with key on

Horn should blow, if not the connector half that does/does not will isolate bad section

If no blow at either side of 20 pin connector(closest to horns-electrically), then the pink wire is broken/burned between 20 pin connector and horns. There is also a 3 way splice in the harness between 20pin and 2ea pinks to each oe horn. Could have problem here but unlikely.

Edited by bkuhr
more

Ok,

Not sure but there may be a disconnect somewhere, will have to look at specific wiring diagram

Thanks if you can look and let me know something it makes no since to me!

Ok,

appears to run thru 6 pin connector end of handlebar controls,

and a 20 pin main harness connector, I have no idea where.

backstab a ground wire into each 1/2 of these connectors on the pink wire with key on

Horn should blow, if not the connector half that does/does not will isolate bad section

If no blow at either side of 20 pin connector(closest to horns-electrically), then the pink wire is broken/burned between 20 pin connector and horns. There is also a 3 way splice in the harness between 20pin and 2ea pinks to each oe horn. Could have problem here but unlikely.

Is there anyone that can help me locate the different connectors that the horn wires go through? A 20pin and a 6 pin and maybe another one so I can find my problem and get the horn working again.

Thanks

Is there anyone that can help me locate the different connectors that the horn wires go through? A 20pin and a 6 pin and maybe another one so I can find my problem and get the horn working again.

Thanks

I'm gonna suggest that you pull the fairing and check to see that all the plugs are tight and that the pink wire has continuity through each plug.

If the pink wire IS broken inside a harness, my suggestion is to cut the pink wire at both ends where the break is and run a new piece of wire parallel to the break. If you go cutting into a harness to make repairs, you are gonna have a mess trying to get the (cut in to and repaired) part of the harness back in the tunnels under the tank. Just my :2cents:

So I found the problem! Not good! But I fixed it! Take a look at the pictures and guess what happened? THANKS to everyone that replied and helped with my horn problem. What a pain in the @#*($#!!!!!! As you can see there was about 1 inch of the black and pink wires missing and insulation missing from the other wires also missing.

Edited by Whitlow

OH NO!

I bet you feel sick :(

Quess we was right about broken pink wire, but I would have never guessed broken in such a manner.

Gary, DINGY, on here has some OE type 3 pin connectors that he got from INGITEK.

Ingitek also offers other connectors, and I would guess they have OE matching 6pins you will need. Maybe Gary can ID type of connector and search for a USA source (digikey...)

I would recommend cut damaged wires back, and solder splice and shrink sleeve wire extensions, then attach new pins, and insert into new connectors. Try to find matching wire colors and gauges to use for extensions.

May be easier to get OE wire harness for wreck yard or ebay, cutting connectors off with long enough wire to make soldier repairs.

So I found the problem! Not good! But I fixed it! Take a look at the pictures and guess what happened? THANKS to everyone that replied and helped with my horn problem. What a pain in the @#*($#!!!!!! As you can see there was about 1 inch of the black and pink wires missing and insulation missing from the other wires also missing.

M-I-C, K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!! :shock3::shock3::shock3:

Sorry, couldn't help it..... :rotf::rotf::rotf:

• 1 month later...

there is a screw on the back of it .. mine did the same thing .. all you have to do is to screw it out a little bit and i will work.. unless your not getting any fire to it .. but that is all that i had to do .. try it .. it might solve your problem:lightbulb:

Hello It has been awhile since I've been here but I have a problem! My 01 RSV has no horn working. I installed a stebel horn last year and it has been working fine today I noticed I had no horn. Anyone that can help please reply.

Thanks