IGNORED

front brake problem

pmelah

can anyone tell me if the front brake master cyl. part# 4xy-w2587-10-00 for 09 venture will work on a 97 RSTD witch calls for part #4nk-w2587-02-00 both master cyl do take the same rebuild kit any help would be greatly apricative i curently cant get my brake or clutch to bleed and am about to go insane not being able to ride :confused24:

can anyone tell me if the front brake master cyl. part# 4xy-w2587-10-00 for 09 venture will work on a 97 RSTD witch calls for part #4nk-w2587-02-00 both master cyl do take the same rebuild kit any help would be greatly apricative i curently cant get my brake or clutch to bleed and am about to go insane not being able to ride :confused24:

1st off both are a Bi#ch to bleed :shock3: under the best of circumstances:(

Have you tried a vacuum bleeder?

According to the parts book (from partshark.com) the complete front brake master cylinder is 4NK-W2587-02-00 (replaces 4NK-25870-00-00). The repair kit is 4K0-W0041-50-00

and the complete clutch master cylinder is 4NK-W2645-00-00. The repair kit is 3GM-W0099-00-00

RSTDdog gave you the best answer on your previous post and was an even better explanation than I gave you, which is they may not be an exact fit. Wes also said the same thing and we all agree the rebuild is the same. The bleed on these is a real PITA and you will get several different ways to do it. You said on your previous post that you changed the slave and I can tell you from experience that you must be PATIENT! I have speed bleeders but took off the one for the clutch after replacing the slave because it would not bleed correctly, I put the original on and then opened it about a turn and a half, then used a very large syringe like you would use for a meat injector with some tubing and with the top off the master, VERY SLOWLY pushed fluid into the bleeder until the bubbles stopped in the master. I then, put the speed bleeder back on and pumped the handle till I got no bubbles out that end. It will still feel a little loose till you put the top back on the master, pump the handle and make sure you have the correct feel, you should be good. The brake is almost the same, just be aware that trying to push out those bubbles too fast breaks then up into tiny little bubbles that you will have to address again the next day. Patience is indeed a virtue my friend! good Luck! :fingers-crossed-emo

Speedbleeders!

Yup! But if there is very much air in the system, you won't build sufficient pressure to push the Speedbleeder check ball off the seat. As mentioned above it may be necessary (I had to do this too) to use the original bleeder screw(with teflon tape) and Mity Vac, to get the majority of air out before installing the Speedbleeder(s)

thank you here i thought it was realy broke :confused: now i find out it was my inpatient self :sick: wanting to to chase my front wheel so bad its been almost 10 yrs. since i chased a front tire :322: and miss it badly i will go and get a vac pump a syringe and speed bleeder today and a whole lot of patience :backinmyday: any one got some patience :backinmyday: they are willing to loan im like a little kid with a new broken toy and i wana play with it now :rotf:thanks guys for the info my bike is here at work and my boss keeps telling me to Paulie fix it he has a shadow 1100 and wants me to ride now i think he is more inpatient than i am lol again thanks

Paul

hey wes parts shrk is a little high on the price 236.00 check this site yamahapartshouse.com same part 172.32 oem part and where can i get a vac pump for this it has been amajor pain so far

Oh I just use "Shark" as a parts book. :whistling:

Try Harbor freight,

http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-bleeder-and-vacuum-pump-kit-92474.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html

where can i get speed bleeders at and i still have to get a new front break master with a rebuild kit in it it wont bench bleed at all it will not push the fluid it pulls but not push im dumfounded by that i did the same on the clutch i have a good solid lever but still no clutch i can watch my clutch hose move when i pump it i must still have air in it so now im 1/2 out of 2 im getting closer

Edited by pmelah
adding

where can i get speed bleeders at and i still have to get a new front break master with a rebuild kit in it it wont bench bleed at all it will not push the fluid it pulls but not push im dumfounded by that i did the same on the clutch i have a good solid lever but still no clutch i can watch my clutch hose move when i pump it i must still have air in it so now im 1/2 out of 2 im getting closer

I bought mine directly from http://speedbleeder.com/

Too Bad the speedbleeders all are not the same size, I have the 2 on the front brakes that are one size, the clutch is a different size and the rear brake is a third size. Just be aware when ordering for your bike to get the right ones. :whistling:

thanks guys i just sent kz an email for the speed bleeders i hav a mityvac now and played with it yesterday i have a good lever on the clutch but still have no clutch i put the bike in gear pull the lever roll it forward and cant because its in gear i am going to run more fluid thru maybe i still have air in the line i finaly got the brake master to bench bleed now for the rest of the system i will change the hoses out to ss braded hose later i just dont realy have the money now

i just bleed my clutch again and got more air out of the slave cylinder big bubbles were coming out into the line on the vac now i have a real good presure on the lever but cant check to see if it enguages the clutch until i get the front brake master done im starting to get a good feeling about it but its hard working on the patience part cant wait for the front tire to run away

Edited by pmelah
adding info

ok i have bled the clutch and front brake my slave cyl works fine i pulled the clutch basket cover off and can see it move now the problem i believe is its all stuck it sat up for 3 yrs in a garage i think with no oil in it because when i pulled the basket cover no oil came out the cover was off on the other side to (where slave is at ) and i did not pu 2 and 2 together now i will start a new thread for that on the front brake isue i get fluid down to the r. front brake nothing to l. front just a lot of air bleeder seems tight enough because i get vacume on the mityvac when i open the bleeder its all air any sugestions

ok i have bled the clutch and front brake my slave cyl works fine i pulled the clutch basket cover off and can see it move now the problem i believe is its all stuck it sat up for 3 yrs in a garage i think with no oil in it because when i pulled the basket cover no oil came out the cover was off on the other side to (where slave is at ) and i did not pu 2 and 2 together now i will start a new thread for that on the front brake isue i get fluid down to the r. front brake nothing to l. front just a lot of air bleeder seems tight enough because i get vacume on the mityvac when i open the bleeder its all air any sugestions

The air is probably coming from around the threads on the bleeder screw. Take it out and put some Teflon tape on the threads. Also be sure the hole through that screw is not plugged up.

The air is probably coming from around the threads on the bleeder screw. Take it out and put some Teflon tape on the threads. Also be sure the hole through that screw is not plugged up.

i will check it i didnt think to do that i was thinking it might have a pin hole in the line but that wouldnt make sence and then so much going on at work we have to get ready for our ribon cutting grand open in early june but i did discover no washers on the bolt and put 2 new ones on it, did the vac and still got air i will teflon the bleeder in the next day or 2 and try again getting closer every day to chasing my front wheel and i cant wait

gentalmen i want to thank all of you for your help i now have front brakes rear brake and a clutch :cool10: :080402gudl_prv: :fingers-crossed-emo i am currently putting everything back together clutch basket cover, exhaust, covers, and whatnot oh and oil i dumped out a good bit with the clutch smeels like original factory oil with 24000 mi. on it any way if all goes well ill be chasing my front tire soon