IGNORED

Odyssey Battery

Z Factor

For those of you who do not wish to wait for the group buy, this vendor on ebay is selling Odyssey batteries now at an even better price to your door than the group buy price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/odyssey-battery-pc-680MJ-honda-acura-jdm-and-more_W0QQitemZ320202906989QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33574QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Note that it is the battery Odyssey recommends with the MJ designation, an upgrade over the regular pc680.

Edit: After noting a few posters who speculated that this vendor might have old stock, I contacted him and he replied that he is a high volume vendor and gets new shipments in weekly, so all his batteries are factory fresh.

Furthermore, he also carries the PC545 for those of you who need it. He runs the same auctions over and over again (examples linked in posts below), so do not be put off by the number available in each individual auction.

The choice is yours.

`

Cost you more after you pay s&h.

The purposed price for the group buy is $99.00 for the plain pc680, and $110.00 for the pc680 MJ. Where as this vendor is $103.00 for the upgraded and recommended MJ. Additionally, there is no waiting for this one as opposed to the group buy, so if you want one now you can get it.

I was gonna say that. And he's only showing 1 available.

Actually they have more as this vendor was discovered a few weeks ago by another poster. They keep running these auctions over and over again.

For instance;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320198955498&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

Plus he has another auction running simultaneously

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/odyssey-battery-pc-680MJ-honda-acura-jdm-and-more_W0QQitemZ320203795809QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33574QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

`

watch out for batterys sold on ebay , a lot of times out of date batterys are dumped on ebay and just think about the warranty , if the battery dies a year from now how do you get a new one ? [ i bought this battery on ebay and it is bad i need a new one ] ya right :rotfl:i sell intrerstate batterys and stand behind any dealers warranty but if somebody comes in with a battery that needs warranty and it was bought from ebay :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

i buy and sell on ebay , it a great place to by cheap stuff but would you buy bananas on ebay ? check the born on date on batterys it is branded on the side of the case , the 1st. letter is the mo. and the # is the year for ex. c07 means it was made on march 07 , i well not sell a battery that is more than 6 mo. old , i send them back to the warehouse and they are sold at discount stores .

thom

Guest KitCarson
The purposed price for the group buy is $99.00 for the plain pc680, and $110.00 for the pc680 MJ. Where as this vendor is $103.00 for the upgraded and recommended MJ. Additionally, there is no waiting for this one as opposed to the group buy, so if you want one now you can get it.

Batteries at E-bay are just like flashlight batteries at the dollar store......worthless!! Old.....been sitting on a shelf for 3 years before you get them.......Condor is doing this just for something to do......to be nice......does not have to do this.....kinda like Don and wrapping up all those bells....takes a whole lot more time and aggravation to do something like this than any profits gained.....that is not even the point........I do not need a battery right now.....Crickett is still new......but just for GP......I change a battery every three years anyway......I will contact Condor at that time.......get a new battery.......hang the cost........is just because he is a member....called loyalty.......friendship.........part of the group, who cares about 10 dollars difference in shipping or this or that.........you get what you pay for.........okay.......will behave for now........maybe......dont like it......don't gripe.......no one is trying to get rich.....off what 10 batteries.......Ha!! Yes I need to behave.....I will have all the moderators after me........come on try to get along.......this is not doing anyone any good. Respectfully Kit

Batteries at E-bay are just like flashlight batteries at the dollar store......worthless!! Old.....been sitting on a shelf for 3 years before you get them.......Condor is doing this just for something to do......to be nice......does not have to do this.....kinda like Don and wrapping up all those bells....takes a whole lot more time and aggravation to do something like this than any profits gained.....that is not even the point........I do not need a battery right now.....Crickett is still new......but just for GP......I change a battery every three years anyway......I will contact Condor at that time.......get a new battery.......hang the cost........is just because he is a member....called loyalty.......friendship.........part of the group, who cares about 10 dollars difference in shipping or this or that.........you get what you pay for.........okay.......will behave for now........maybe......dont like it......don't gripe.......no one is trying to get rich.....off what 10 batteries.......Ha!! Yes I need to behave.....I will have all the moderators after me........come on try to get along.......this is not doing anyone any good. Respectfully Kit

I am not sure what that rant is all about but this is not about Condors GB other than being able to buy a battery now vs. whenever that one comes about. The prices are close enough to make either one a good deal. Obviously some will feel more comfortable buying from someone they feel they know on a forum rather than an ebay seller. However others might not want to wait, and assume Odyssey will back up their batteries regardless of the vendor.

Let's not forget that some here were talking about buying a battery and putting it on the shelf until they needed it. I guess they feel these batteries are so long lasting they could afford to do that.

Regardless, the warranty on Odyssey's are supposedly so good that the born on date is not as big an issue as it would be for other batteries. If anyone has doubts about this vendors stock, I'd simply suggest they contact them to find the answer to their question/s.

So the bottom line is that our fellow forum members have a choice, and they are smart enough to make their decision based on need and price.

Just an update. After reading several posters speculating that the batteries might be old, I sent the vendor an email asking how old his stock was.

He replied that he is a high volume vendor and gets new shipments in weekly, so all his batteries are factory fresh.

Furthermore, he also carries the PC545 for those of you who need it.

I guess that I have a hard time understanding why you need an expensive battery for your bike. I've had lots of bikes and the least of my problems have been batteries. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Boats, bikes, cars, etc., I guess that I'm not one to spend exra on something that might get me a little bit more time, so I'll just buy a battery from where ever and over the long run, I'm sure that I'tll be just fine.

To each their own though. We all have our own little quirks, don't we?

Steve

I had a battery go bad on the 1 st gen...went kind of slow like...it warned me.

My 2nd gen did not....it quit while I was having dinner with friends 45 miles from home.

Be nice to have some warning and I've heard the stock 2nd gen batterys are notorious for not giving a warning....like lagging or something prior to shutting down for good.

Guest tx2sturgis
I had a battery go bad on the 1 st gen...went kind of slow like...it warned me.

My 2nd gen did not....it quit while I was having dinner with friends 45 miles from home.

Be nice to have some warning and I've heard the stock 2nd gen batterys are notorious for not giving a warning....like lagging or something prior to shutting down for good.

Not that I'm expecting a failure anytime soon, but in anticipation of problems, I added a Kisan Charge Guard monitor to my bike. It wasnt cheap, but maybe with the added loads of a heated vest and heated grips, I'll hopefully be able to manage my electrical consumption, and be able to prevent any 'surprises'....

It provides amp and voltage readings, plus ambient temperature...kinda handy.

I guess that I have a hard time understanding why you need an expensive battery for your bike. I've had lots of bikes and the least of my problems have been batteries. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Steve

Well in my case Steve, I have had the dead battery blues. I have bought the normal Yuasa batteries over many years. My experience has been the opposite of yours in that my biggest expense (until recently:( ) has been multiple battery purchases.

That is in large part my own fault having left the bike sitting way too long between rides. However I bought a battery tender for the last one, yet it did not last either. Based on everyones rave reviews about the Odyssey, you are getting what you pay for. At this vendors prices you are saving 1/3 compared to retail, and paying close to what you would for a typical Yuasa.

It looks as if he has bumped his price a little higher. He offers free shipping, but the total went from $103.00 to $110.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/odyssey-battery-pc-680MJ-680-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ320206061930QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33574QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I did not ask him how much he charges for the PC545, but presumably it is around the same price, so I'd suggest you contact him directly to find out for sure.

I picked up an Odysee Battery PC545 at a Battery Plus store last year. Over the phone the guy said they list for $120. Soooo, I asked how much he could discount it. He said I could have it for $90 (plus tax).

I had it in my previous Roadstar and moved it to my RSTD when I bought my 06 in Sept. It was smaller than stock so I cut up a cuzie to fit better.

No problems.

Mike G in SC