IGNORED

Rear Shock

flb_78

I guess the question to you would be. Are you, yourself trying to manufacture one?

If you are looking to find one made by another manufacture, the only one that I know of is made by Works Performance and they actually build it to suit your bike, weight, and riding style.

In answer to your original question I do have my blown one. Been holding onto it in case my Works Performance shock ever went out and I had to send it back for a rebuild. Had it on for 10 months now and couldn't be happier.

I want to see if I can take a shock off a warrior or a roadstar and put it on the Venture. I would then replace the standard spring on the assembly with an 1100lb spring. I would have less than 120 bux in it and a more gooder shock!!!

I need to know the measurements on the shock for eyelet to eyelet while it's off the bike.

Forrest,

I have one too, but I can tell you for certain that there is NO other OEM shock available that will fit the RS Venture or TD. It is the shortest shock that I have ever seen and Works really had to dig into their product line to find a shock body that would work. And this shock has a clevis connection on the bottom instead of the eyes on most other shocks. In fact Works had to custom machine the clevis on theirs to make it heavy enough for our bike. And forget about replacing the spring because it's inside of the shock and the only way you will get it out is to destroy the entire shock. I've attached a picture showing a cutaway of the shock beside a stock shock.

Save your money for either an OEM shock ($350) or the Works (much more).

Rick

I too would like the dimensions. Length compressed and expanded. Size of the upper bolt mount, and dimensions of the lower clevis. I was at a swap meet last Sunday, and there are some shocks out there that look close. Anyone wanna take time to do some measuring for us???

Ok Guys,

I'll humor you. The specs are as follows:

Length fully extended - 252 mm

Length fully compressed - 148 mm

Bottom Clevis/outer width - 47 mm

Bottom Clevis/inner width - 37 mm

Top mount eyelet width - 30 mm

Bolt hole size - 12 mm

The OEM clevis mount is made of stamped mild steel, so if the one you find is made of an aluminum alloy, it needs to be made pretty heavy duty for the weight of our bikes. When I was proptotyping the one made by Works, this is one of the changes they made after the first attempt. Since they have CNC machine this wasn't a problem.

Oh and on the valving, the unit is completely sealed, so I would guess that it is straight valved.

Good luck,

Rick

Ok Guys,

I'll humor you. The specs are as follows:

Length fully extended - 252 mm

Length fully compressed - 148 mm

Bottom Clevis/outer width - 47 mm

Bottom Clevis/inner width - 37 mm

Top mount eyelet width - 30 mm

Bolt hole size - 12 mm

The OEM clevis mount is made of stamped mild steel, so if the one you find is made of an aluminum alloy, it needs to be made pretty heavy duty for the weight of our bikes. When I was proptotyping the one made by Works, this is one of the changes they made after the first attempt. Since they have CNC machine this wasn't a problem.

Oh and on the valving, the unit is completely sealed, so I would guess that it is straight valved.

Good luck,

Rick

HEY RICK, IS THIS THE SAME SHOCK A 1 GEN HAS ?

I have to agree with Rick on this one. This issue of finding different shocks was beaten into the ground for several years on different forums. Im sure that someone would have found a suitable replacement by now. If I remember correctly someone from Spain (Nacho?) tried to get a local company to make one and I never heard anything else about it. Hell, Progressive wont even touch it! A first gen shock, while much better designed, wont fit. If it did, we all would have one on them now and the e-bay prices would skyrocket!! :rotf:

HEY RICK, IS THIS THE SAME SHOCK A 1 GEN HAS ?

It is not the same shock as a 1st gen. I did find someone that would build one other than Works. Penske racing shocks said they could do it. However the price was about double that of Works.