IGNORED

Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager

FuzzyRSTD

I have been looking at this bike every time I go for a check up on my shoulder surgery in Mount Sterling,KY..... The dealer is right next door with in walking distance, and I did think of one of these before me and my Red Raven sweetheart, but I am kinda struck on her. Does any one else have one or had any experience with them. I still love my RSTD, but, this bike has some really nice features and I absolutely love this color. Very good breaking system. Belt drive. Water cooled. Woe is me for even thinking ???????? But don't hurt to look does it ????

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/xlarge/2012-Kawasaki-Vulcan-1700-V.gif

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

I have been looking at this bike every time I go for a check up on my shoulder surgery in Mount Sterling,KY..... The dealer is right next door with in walking distance, and I did think of one of these before me and my Red Raven sweetheart, but I am kinda struck on it. Does any one else have one or had any experience with them. I still love my RSTD, but, this bike has some really nice features and I absolutely love this color. Very good breaking system. Belt drive. Water cooled. Woe is me for even thinking ???????? But don't hurt to look does it ????

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/xlarge/2012-Kawasaki-Vulcan-1700-V.gif

Fuzzy

Fuzzy I took one out for a ride and didn’t like the lower part of the engine. Riding it was nice but when you stop and put your foot down it forces your leg out because of the design. The Wing and Venture doesn’t do this, your leg calf is clear and free. Now that’s my opinion and it’s only worth 1.25 cents according to the :bowdown::bowdown:better half. :whistling:

The best thing is to climb on that pony and check it out and report back

Fuzzy I took one out for a ride and didn’t like the lower part of the engine. Riding it was nice but when you stop and put your foot down it forces your leg out because of the design. The Wing and Venture doesn’t do this, your leg calf is clear and free. Now that’s my opinion and it’s only worth 1.25 cents according to the :bowdown::bowdown:better half. :whistling:

The best thing is to climb on that pony and check it out and report back

Yep, been thinking that too. But the shoulder thingy is taking me to a dreaded stressful kind of nonriding fatigue type of sickness that has my mind and body in some kind of terrible withdraw seizures and such, that cause me to want to wonder around looking at different bikes and holler out loud at the sky and then also all at those that I love and cherish.

I have become a monster in a lot of ways, I am so stressed from not being able to ride and not being able to drive a car or pickup. Not being able to even get my own britches on and belt buckled with out my wife's help. Socks are a pain. Have not slept in our bed for several weeks and several more weeks as of today I was informed.

The best driver in my family so far, out of four, is my sister. She took me to the doctor appointment today. She does a wonderful job.Second would be my wife,she does OK, but. Third would be my daughter, oh my.Then the worst is my dear Mother,God bless her heart and please help us all, she scares me to death and so hard to keep my big mouth from trying to help her too.

I AM A MESS..........WOULD NOT BE SAFE FOR ME TO RIDE AT THIS TIME,EVEN IF MY SHOULDER DID WORK ............. Shoooooo Weeee, time for another pain pill.

Fuzzy :confused24::confused24:

Wife and I tested one back in '09 when they came out. Seemed ok to drive. Seemed to vibrate a lot under load. Wife didn't like the lack of space between me 'n the trunk (her area). Saddlebag lids seemed kinda crappy. Plastic seemed a bit thinner than most other bikes. Power was not impressive.

They do have a nice look to them tho ... but I sure wouldn't want one. I'd take a Victory CCT any day over the Kaw Voyager (or even an RSV) :whistling:

for what its worth,I've never rode one but did sit on one when they first came out and they changes the pitch of the gas tank and the seat when they went from the old 1500 & 1600 platform and the new 1700 platform just wasn't comfortable for me. I'm 6'1" dress out at 273 lbs and the seat pinched my boys pretty badly,however i did like the bike over all just didn't think i could handle the pressure. as far as the wing (sorry ECK) theres just no leg room for me. when i test drove one my legs were straight up and down,no room to straighten them out unless on the high way pegs. good luck.

My experience riding one at a demo day was similar to Warrior's, I felt very crowded on it. I also found the engine underwhelming power wise, but I'm not much of a V-twin fan to begin with. The other area I found troubling was the lack of cornering clearance. I dragged the boards at least a half dozen times on the curvy mountain rode that we took the demo on. I wouldn't even be close to dragging on my Venture at those speeds and angles.:) To me, it would kind of suck all the fun out of riding around here. Ron

I have a friend who was a Voyager fan from the earlier models.

He bought the new one when it came out.

Don't misunderstand me but this friend boasts,,,, alot,,, kinda Pecos Bill type.

What I noticed when he had it was ,,,, nothing. He didn't spend his time about how great it was,,,,,. That was a lot not said.

Later, it got T-boned, totaled. When everything was settled,, he headed Harley. Never mentioned the Voyager much after that.

What I saw of the broke bike reminded me of the "Crash-Mobile" toys from the 1960's.

When the car hit an object,,, all the body pannels sprung off it.

(Anyone remember that toy car,,, loved it.)

So, I don't think he felt it measured up to the old Voyagers he had before.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YG9OM4nlPhA/SqH9iHK1HbI/AAAAAAAABPA/-zKJUA4yeSU/s400/crashmobile.jpg

What I saw of the broke bike reminded me of the "Crash-Mobile" toys from the 1960's.

When the car hit an object,,, all the body pannels sprung off it.

(Anyone remember that toy car,,, loved it.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YG9OM4nlPhA/SqH9iHK1HbI/AAAAAAAABPA/-zKJUA4yeSU/s400/crashmobile.jpg

1960's ??? geeez, I remember having those in the early 50's :sign20: