While it's easy to access pull the radiator cover and clean off the radiator. Check all hose connections.

Remove the four bolts on the rear drive and remove it and pull the drive shaft out, clean it, and grease with with moly grease.

Remove and clean the buffer block in the rear wheel and clean it. Also clean the pins it sits in and a light lube on those also. This when dirty will make a clicking sound and can cause vibration.

Check and grease wheel bearing both front and rear.

Lube speedo cable.

Oh yeah, change the fuel filter while you have the rear tire off. Much easier to do.

When it's back together run it for a while to warm up the rear drive and drain and refill with new oil.

Well, you asked didn't ya. :rotf:

I do hope you are doing this yourself. be much cheaper. A shop will steal ya blind.

Mike

The drive shaft lube and the fuel filter change are must do items for me at every rear tire change. So much easier to do when you have it torn down that far already.

I just mounted my new rear tire last week after 25,000 miles and was concerned about the drive shaft condition. I cleaned and lubed it at the last mount up. The shaft was still will lubed and no metal particles.

It's all preventative maintance and it beats the daylights out of not being able to get the bike to move.

Some have found rust on the drive shaft spines when they opened them up. So not cool.

Have fun.

Mike