IGNORED

Deka Battery Parts ?

Cougar

In some installations - like on my Wing - the connector on the end of the cable is too wide to fit into the recess and pull tight against the battery lug. Those spacers simply space it out so that it can be tightened down correctly. In other words, they go between the battery post and the cable lug.

Joe

Well, mine had instructions.:yikes: It said to use those if you were mounting them as side post.

"The spacers are required for side mount cable installation only! The top mount terminal position does not require the round spacers, use supplied bolts only."

Well, mine had instructions.:yikes: It said to use those if you were mounting them as side post.

"The spacers are required for side mount cable installation only! The top mount terminal position does not require the round spacers, use supplied bolts only."

And I thougt they were donuts.:stirthepot:

If you look at the (front) side of the battery posts you will see a threaded hole facing the outside. You can attach extra wires there to keep the top connection cleaner if needed. The spacers are needed to allow for the recess to keep the connections from binding on the battery body. Make sure the flat spot lines up to keep them from binding.

And now I know one of the answers to my question on your other post so I'm back to two.

Mike

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am in the garage right now and just took a look at what you siad Mike. All I need to do is find a couple more bolts to add my other stuff to.. THANKS

I did not even notice the threaded part/hole on the side. GREAT IDEA!

Jeff

[ATTACH]64721[/ATTACH]