IGNORED

Working on the 86 today

tufftom4

I finally have time to donate to the 86, I fixed the tail light this morning which wasn't working and synced the carbs now I am replacing the tires. The homemade trailer hitch is a BIG PAIN in the BUTT I think the next time I change the rear I will get rid of it.I am getting to old to keep doing this stuff.

Looking good Tom. I think you are going to have a really nice bike there if you will quit tearing it up. :stickpoke:

Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress. Are you still having a problem with the front brake sticking? I believe it was sticking some when I was helping the guy get it in the trailer.

RandyA

I finally have time to donate to the 86, I fixed the tail light this morning which wasn't working and synced the carbs now I am replacing the tires. The homemade trailer hitch is a BIG PAIN in the BUTT I think the next time I change the rear I will get rid of it.I am getting to old to keep doing this stuff.

:scared: I dont care how tuff you are buddy, but you never....ever....mount it where you did. What did you expect besides PAIN..:bang head: You better get rid of it NOW, and not wait till you change the rear, cause the rear will only get worse ...besides i have never heard of rears being changed, or have i been living in the cave too long?:confused07:

:beer:

:scared: I dont care how tuff you are buddy, but you never....ever....mount it where you did. What did you expect besides PAIN..:bang head: You better get rid of it NOW, and not wait till you change the rear, cause the rear will only get worse ...besides i have never heard of rears being changed, or have i been living in the cave too long?:confused07:

:beer:

I bought the bike with it that way, and I meant when I change the rear tire again I will get rid of it.

Hey Tom, if you decide you do not want to use the hitch, I might want to see about getting it for my son's 86.

PS: I sold the hitch in April, so disregard this post.

RandyA

Randy, if you're looking for a hitch let me know I have the Markland from my 86 for sale.

Edited by Skid

Hey Buddy! I hope you get that thing back together by the time I get back! That hitch is a lot like the one on my '84. So what was the issue with the tail light, bad bulb or bad connector?

The connection in the fuse box was broke so I put an inline fuse for now until I upgrade to Earls fuse block.