IGNORED

I need some assistance quickly

Hey All,

This '86 I have has been putting me through my paces. It's my primary transportation and this is the 2nd time it's went down hard in the last month. I just completely redid the clutch in it, with all new steels, friction discs and slave cylinder.

I now am in need of the stator magnet, or rotor assembly as it's called, it's part # 26H-81450-10-00 I just checked and from '83 to '89 is the same part # and all should work with what I need. The bolts that hold it and the starter clutch together came loose and took out the windings on the stator. I have a new HO stator kit coming from Earl (Skydoc 17) but upon inspection yesterday when I pulled the assembly apart off the crankshaft, I noticed the holes are a bit wallowed out and I'd like to replace it.

If anyone of you 1st genners with multiple parts bikes have the magnet along with the 6 retaining bolts I would love to hear from you. My cell # is in my profile, and I'll be on the site daily to check for messages....Thanks in advance

i just did the stator replacement and voltage rectifier. also from skydoc. i ruined the first cover gasket because i didnt dry-fit the parts first. the cover didnt go on as easy as it came off. be sure you dry fit it. i had problems with the dowels not seating in the cover, had some burrs on them. i had to dremel the holes open a little, then it went on no problem. just sayin, i had to get a second gasket from earl. very frustrating. also, the new screws that hold the magnet in place are a little longer than factory, and had to use an extra washer to seat it correctly. if you have any questions, call me. thanks. have fun!!

Hey All,

I now am in need of the stator magnet, or rotor assembly as it's called, it's part # 26H-81450-10-00 I just checked and from '83 to '89 is the same part # and all should work with what I need. The bolts that hold it and the starter clutch together came loose and took out the windings on the stator. I have a new HO stator kit coming from Earl (Skydoc 17) but upon inspection yesterday when I pulled the assembly apart off the crankshaft, I noticed the holes are a bit wallowed out and I'd like to replace it.

Squid, I can't help you out with this, but don't turf the current one yet. As it could possibly be used, for the upgraded starter clutch mod later on.

starter clutches loosening up are rare but do happen. The holes on the rotor can be redrilled and tapped. But a drill press is needed. Glad people have spare parts. The bolts MUST be grade 12.9 w/red loctite and the ends "staked" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they do not say 12.9 do NOT use them. This issue was common on the Yamaha Vision which uses the same clutch but turns 10,000rpm and Yamaha did not loctite the bolts...UGH! Result was clunking that sounded like a bad con-rod..on the left side.

Hey All,

This '86 I have has been putting me through my paces. It's my primary transportation and this is the 2nd time it's went down hard in the last month. I just completely redid the clutch in it, with all new steels, friction discs and slave cylinder.

If anyone of you 1st genners with multiple parts bikes have the magnet along with the 6 retaining bolts I would love to hear from you. My cell # is in my profile, and I'll be on the site daily to check for messages....Thanks in advance

If you wanna come get my '98 this weekend you are welcome to it!!! We'll figure out how to get it back later...