IGNORED

Rc Heli's

Eddie

My issue with that one is if you look at the faq's the transmittor is propietary.

Can the receiver in Banana Hobby's planes bind with my own radio? No. Banana Hobby's 2.4Ghz will not bind with Spektrum or FASSST or any other on the market. I supposed I could change out the receiver and I think it would work then, wouldn't it?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My issue with that one is if you look at the faq's the transmittor is propietary.

Can the receiver in Banana Hobby's planes bind with my own radio? No. Banana Hobby's 2.4Ghz will not bind with Spektrum or FASSST or any other on the market. I supposed I could change out the receiver and I think it would work then, wouldn't it?

I think it is cheap but the price its great for entry level.For those who want to continue can buy the more expensive radios later.

No point in having an expensive transmitter when you won't be using all the options.

I bought the transmitter ahead of the plane because of what I would want to expand into the future. From what it seems like you aren't going to be flying a decent outdoor heli on anything less than 6 or 7 channels. I wanted to buy 1 transmittor to use for whatever what I want to fly vs. buying several for each application. For planes what I understand 4 channels are pretty standard. You would use a 5th for things like retractable landing gear and maybe a 6th if you want to drop stuff like bombs.

Can anyone provide input if I am on the right track in regards to channels and applications?

I bought the transmitter ahead of the plane because of what I would want to expand into the future. From what it seems like you aren't going to be flying a decent outdoor heli on anything less than 6 or 7 channels. I wanted to buy 1 transmittor to use for whatever what I want to fly vs. buying several for each application. For planes what I understand 4 channels are pretty standard. You would use a 5th for things like retractable landing gear and maybe a 6th if you want to drop stuff like bombs.

Can anyone provide input if I am on the right track in regards to channels and applications?

Imo you are correct.A heli is more complex and a better transmitter will save you $ quick.As for an airplane servo reversing, limiting and mixxing helps but not needed snd the extra channels are used more for scale modeling.Retracts, flaps, air brakes, and so on.The bomb hatch is rarely used but looks cool

I'll admit, this is a cheap plane. But...it will do what I need it to do, as a beginner. You can hardly beat the package.

Yes, you could just swap out your radio and receiver, if you want to. Those are the two proprietary components. Everything else will work just fine.

Monty im on the same page with you buddy. I'm thinking abot picking one up also.I have experience but I have left the hobby so long ago.I would, like to restart with electrics this time.Besides when you are ready to upgrade I doubt you will be flying that trainer much.Which means you will most likely upgrade everything.

Monty im on the same page with you buddy. I'm thinking abot picking one up also.I have experience but I have left the hobby so long ago.I would, like to restart with electrics this time.Besides when you are ready to upgrade I doubt you will be flying that trainer much.Which means you will most likely upgrade everything.

I dont know about that, I have been wrapped up in this stupid hobby/addiction for 45+ years, I still can take a jet out for a flight and still have fun with a trainer on the next flight.

If it flies its fun.

I was looking at a bunch of you tube videos of banana hobby aircraft.They look fun to fly from what people say they handle well.

Except for that one vid where the guy PETE who did not balance his airplane, didnt close his battery hatch and the plane was all over the place until it hit the ground.

Still waiting for my new RC Heli to arrive. But with the number of members who are into RC flying, both fixed and fling wing, maybe we should try and organize a "fly-in" somewhere.

Just a thought.....

:15_8_211[1]:

Im in. Already loaded up!

rstacy,

Funny you posted that. I wondered if my harbour freight trailer could be converted just like some do with their big trailers. Now I know. :-) I imagine you would need some padding in there to prevent them from bouncing all over the place and getting broken.

I checked out the Banana Hobby web-site, looks like they quite a few trainer planes all for around the same price. A couple of them look to be the same ones just different color and some others are the same plane just different sizes.

http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-rc-airplanes-4-ch-3d-aerobatic-rc-planes.html

I like this one too, but too bad sold out

http://www.bananahobby.com/2088.html

Edited by Sideoftheroad

Im in. Already loaded up!

Very nice selection of fling wings. Should have my new Art-Tech Hughes 300 Special Edition 400 class within the next few days.

Being here in MN, have also been considering getting the 185 Skywagon Float plane. But not sure if I can convince the Finance Officer that I need a fixed wing..... :rotfl:

I may have scored a freebie. I don't have pics or anything and condition uknown. I talk to people all over the country as part of my job. Unless it is someone new it is the same people that I have known for years in some cases. I just got a call and the guy mentioned he saw a facebook post of mine and wanted to know if I was into r/c airplanes. I told him I am just starting out. He mentioned he got one from a neighbor or something like 12 yrs ago but has in his attic for the past 10 yrs. he just said you can have it but the engine doesn't work. Last year my dad gave me his hobby stuff (some of you may have seen my photobucket post) so I may have the engine part covered. Can't wait to get it. :-)

I may have scored a freebie. I don't have pics or anything and condition uknown. I talk to people all over the country as part of my job. Unless it is someone new it is the same people that I have known for years in some cases. I just got a call and the guy mentioned he saw a facebook post of mine and wanted to know if I was into r/c airplanes. I told him I am just starting out. He mentioned he got one from a neighbor or something like 12 yrs ago but has in his attic for the past 10 yrs. he just said you can have it but the engine doesn't work. Last year my dad gave me his hobby stuff (some of you may have seen my photobucket post) so I may have the engine part covered. Can't wait to get it. :-)

If it is a nitro engine, I have like 4 of them that I know nothing about, and am never going to use. I know they have good compression. If you need one, just ask.

Here's what I have...

I have 2 ae .15 Team associated engines. Made by Thunder Tiger, I think.

I have 1 Traxxas TRX .15 engine

I have 1 SMT .15 engine.

2 of them have flywheels and clutches on them. 1 has a pull starter.

After doing some research, I think these are all nitro car engines. Not sure if they will work for a plane or not. Maybe one of you guys who knows more about nitro could chime in on that.

Like I said, I know nothing about them, only that they seem to have good compression.

Yes those are all car engines. Being car engines an designed to run thru a gear reduction (transmission) they have very low torque and run at very high RPMs. The cylinder head is also very massive to be able to keep cool under a car body with minimal airflow. The front of an airplane has pretty good airflow and the engines may never get up to a good operating temp.

They can be modified for use on an airplane but it would not be efficient to do so.

I have a heli that I mounted a car engine in and had to change gearing to get into the correct power band of the motor. The motor had plenty of horsepower but there was no torque available. Net result, it did not work well. But it does look really cool.......:whistling:

You have gas engines, and you have nitro engines.

What is Nitro?

So, you ask, what's the deal with "nitro"? Nitro, is short for nitro-methane. This mixture of methanol, nitro-methane and lubricants is the fuel and lubricant for "glow-fuel" engines commonly found in model airplanes, helicopters and boats and more recently, radio control cars. The incredible power, combined with the ear-piercing mini-roar they put out has drawn and ever-increasing crowd to jump into this hobby like no other in recent memory.