IGNORED

Dash mounted storage compartment ?

Color01

I was reading a article abouth the Yamaha midnight Venture...and when I checked by the Features...I noticed they said that it had a Small, dash-mounted storage compartment, that can hold up to 3 cassettes.

Can someone tell me, were the dash mounted storage compartment is located on my Midnight Venture.:confused24:

Here is the article.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2007models/2007models-Yamaha-RoyalStar-MidnightVenture.htm

Guest tx2sturgis

Yep...you gotta go to Canada, pay $22,499, and THEN you get the cassette storage compartment AND a cigarette lighter plug for the passenger!

Guest tx2sturgis
Now for crying out loud ! What makes them Canooks so special ? :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

BEER30

Its simple. In Canada, passengers smoke, and riders, after paying almost 23 large, can only afford 3 cassettes.

:whistling:

Guest KitCarson

That storage compartment is behind the little trap door you push to open in the middle of the dash.....just take that worthless cassette player out.....now you have a neat little storage compartment:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::bighug:

That storage compartment is behind the little trap door you push to open in the middle of the dash.....just take that worthless cassette player out.....now you have a neat little storage compartment:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::bighug:

Agreed!!!!!!!!!! Yamaha has no idea of the real market place, here they go and put a tape player with a storage compartment in our scoots and my tape is much too large, won't fit in the compartment and neither can I jam it into the player, just absolutely useless I'd say. When are they going to get with the times?

Guest tx2sturgis
They think they can make you happy with a cassette player... ..I wonder how many use these things, these days.

Actually, I just consider the cassette player an interface for my XM radio cassette adapter....works great!

A side benefit when using the XM thru the adapter, is that the radio display constantly says "PLAY", so I wont forget!

:whistling:

Guest BluesLover

The Canadian version of the RSV doesn't have that compartment either ... maybe it's only available in Europe or perhaps down under ...

Cheers,

Agreed!!!!!!!!!! Yamaha has no idea of the real market place, here they go and put a tape player with a storage compartment in our scoots and my tape is much too large, won't fit in the compartment and neither can I jam it into the player, just absolutely useless I'd say. When are they going to get with the times?

Carl, I believe Yamaha and the rest of the guys are talking about the cassette tape players on our bikes, not the 8-track player that you're talking about that you have on yours. :rotf:

Maybe that's why you can't get your tape into your compartment. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

:canada::7_6_3[1]::canada:

Guest tx2sturgis
The Canadian version of the RSV doesn't have that compartment either ... maybe it's only available in Europe or perhaps down under ...

Cheers,

After reading this , I went and looked and STILL could not find the cassette storage compartment. Down under where? I looked down under the fairing, the seat, the gas tank, the frame, the trunk, and the lower fairings. STILL no storage compartment.

Bummer.:whistling:

After reading this , I went and looked and STILL could not find the cassette storage compartment. Down under where? I looked down under the fairing, the seat, the gas tank, the frame, the trunk, and the lower fairings. STILL no storage compartment.

Bummer.:whistling:

Maybe this will help, but you might need help to acess it.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:lAJ62eqfb69q6M:http://www.blog.rlarmstrong.com/images/long_rear_view_02.jpg