IGNORED

2nd Gen Total Tool less Seat Solution

Hey guys,

I need your input on an idea I came up with to provide a total seat solution that will allow you to remove both seats without any tools.

For some time now several of us have come up with seat nut solutions that allow us to remove the driver seat without any tools. These have ranged from plastic nuts, wing nuts and my solution of using a nylon locking nut pressed and glued into a Press-Fit knob. But, this solution requires some extra assembly work where I have to drill out the center of the knob, tap threads into the nylon ring in the lock nut to the point of just the right friction on the seat bolt, and then glue and press this nut backwards into a press-fit knob, where the glue I use requires overnight to dry properly.

Right now I have been selling my seat thumb nuts for $6 which includes postage to anywhere in the US. So for another $2, I could also provide a set of stainless press-fit thumb bolts. And putting these together is just a matter of pressing the stainless allen bolt into the same knurled knob and it's ready to go. So with both of these, you would have a total tool less seat solution.

So if you don't mind, let me know what you think of this idea. I have attached a picture of both sets of seat nuts/bolts.

Thanks,

Rick

And FYI 1st Gen owners....I already provide a total tool less seat solution for your bikes :)

Rick, are the bolts for the rear seat long enough to use if you have the type of back rest that bolts on there??

Hey guys,

I need your input on an idea I came up with to provide a total seat solution that will allow you to remove both seats without any tools.

For some time now several of us have come up with seat nut solutions that allow us to remove the driver seat without any tools. These have ranged from plastic nuts, wing nuts and my solution of using a nylon locking nut pressed and glued into a Press-Fit knob. But, this solution requires some extra assembly work where I have to drill out the center of the knob, tap threads into the nylon ring in the lock nut to the point of just the right friction on the seat bolt, and then glue and press this nut backwards into a press-fit knob, where the glue I use requires overnight to dry properly.

Right now I have been selling my seat thumb nuts for $6 which includes postage to anywhere in the US. So for another $2, I could also provide a set of stainless press-fit thumb bolts. And putting these together is just a matter of pressing the stainless allen bolt into the same knurled knob and it's ready to go. So with both of these, you would have a total tool less seat solution.

So if you don't mind, let me know what you think of this idea. I have attached a picture of both sets of seat nuts/bolts.

Thanks,

Rick

And FYI 1st Gen owners....I already provide a total tool less seat solution for your bikes :)