IGNORED

first winter project almost done

Snarley Bill

well i had an oil leak in my new stratoliner, which i fixed for a second time before christmas. i had to replace a bad rocker box casting. while i had it in my new shop i did a little tweaking. i added a cobra powerpro autotune, and a patrick racing big air kit. my new d&d exaust arrived yesterday, so it may go on this weekend. this thing has got balls out power from idle on up. it is one cantankerous machine. lots of engine noise, and an archaic engine design. it handles like a wing, and really sits low. kind of a modernized piece of nostalgia. next project in line is a total service on my majesty scooter. whats every one else working on this winter?

Hummmmmmmmm,

1. Move license plate to the cooler rack.

2. Install two new Dunlop E3's, grease splines and fingers, seal off holes in front and rear rims(after talking to pickenfred, we believe thats where the moisture and dust is getting in) looking for 1.125" square rubber plugs to push into square holes. The holes are reasonably square, but the corners are rounded. Will also have to get small round rubber plugs or black caulk for the two round holes on each side of every spoke just before it reaches the rim....

5. Install a charging station in my trunk.

6. Install an air hose to connect both front forks together.

7. Get the dealership to replace my rear shock which has never worked since i bought it.

I better get crackalackin!

Edited by CaptainJoe

This is going to be a busy winter for me. The honey-do list around the house is more than a page long. The shop misses me.

However, following will get done this winter"

- Progressive springs (fork seals)

- Possibly a Works shock

- Clean up the wiring under the faring

- New shoes - front and rear (maybe a darkside??)

- Check valve clearance

Then, on a couple of other projects:

- Get new to me Vulcan 750 running (picking up Friday)

Not sure what it will take. PO says the carbs are messed up.

- Get old to me Vulcan 750 running or part out

Head gasket. Will probably repair unless I find more damage

- Finish parting out the old engine from the Honda Shadow

- Get old to me GS750T running

No idea what this needs. May just take gas and a battery. Likely much more.

Oh well, keeps me off the street. Also, selling some of these lovely machines in the spring helps feed my addiction.

RR

I have greased the driveshaft splines and drive lugs. Changed the gas filter and removed the sending unit to clean the inside of the tank. I have a few bad LEDS to replace maybe remove the carbs for a through cleaning and Dot is ready to go for another year.:D

Been missing your posts and you too............don't you ever stop working on your bikes, they are supposed to be ridden. All joking aside, how are you doing? We really missed having you guys at Vogel. Are you finally fully retired from a paying job, so that you can devote all your time to your man-cave? You really need to post some pics, it isn't that hard to do, we hear about all the projects but don't see many pics, and you know what they say, This post is useless without pics!!!

I hope you still have your 1300. I still have mine and made a few changes, added the bat-wing fairing, have 2 windshields for it a 7 inch and a 12 inch for colder temps, replaced the leather covered bags with hard bags with built in LED running lights, added some LED's to make the bike more noticeable at night, nothing gaudy, but really light up the bike from from the reflections on all the chrome on the engine.

Keep in touch and look forward to seeing some pics and seeing you and Linda again.

Happy New Year.

Been missing your posts and you too............don't you ever stop working on your bikes, they are supposed to be ridden. All joking aside, how are you doing? We really missed having you guys at Vogel. Are you finally fully retired from a paying job, so that you can devote all your time to your man-cave? You really need to post some pics, it isn't that hard to do, we hear about all the projects but don't see many pics, and you know what they say, This post is useless without pics!!!

I hope you still have your 1300. I still have mine and made a few changes, added the bat-wing fairing, have 2 windshields for it a 7 inch and a 12 inch for colder temps, replaced the leather covered bags with hard bags with built in LED running lights, added some LED's to make the bike more noticeable at night, nothing gaudy, but really light up the bike from from the reflections on all the chrome on the engine.

Keep in touch and look forward to seeing some pics and seeing you and Linda again.

Happy New Year.

your v-star looks awesome. i still have mine. i call it my rain bike, cuz it gets rode in all the bad weather. guess i will have it for a long time. it is also my winter project. it is do for some servicing. hated to miss vogel, had to much on my plate as usual. can,t keep up with you youngsters anymore. happy new year to you, and charlene. :2133:

I picked up a new rear box yesterday to add to the V Star, now I have to find a luggage rack to install it on..............that to do and still need to get the tranny swapped in the 1st Gen, Too much work not enuff time..........what can I say.

your v-star looks awesome. i still have mine. i call it my rain bike, cuz it gets rode in all the bad weather. guess i will have it for a long time. it is also my winter project. it is do for some servicing. hated to miss vogel, had to much on my plate as usual. can,t keep up with you youngsters anymore. happy new year to you, and charlene. :2133: