IGNORED

Nolan Bluetooth Help

Condor

Any Nolan owners out there? I just bought a Nolan N103 Helmet equiped with the Nolan Bluetooth set up off Ebay. I'm trying to figure out how to configure the system to work with both my GPS and the audio system on my '99RSV. It didn't have the manual..the seller is sending it... but I've down loaded the pdf manuals, and after looking at them all, it looks like the head set is the latest N-Com Bluetooth kit 3-2.1. It'll sync to my GPS. It'll sync to my Cell Phone. What I need it to do it sync to my bike audio system. I've found a 5 pin wired cable, but I want to go Bluetooth on the audio too. The system has the capability of syncing with what looks like 4 different bluetooth devices. Has anyone here ever been successful bluetoothing the RSV audio?? I know J&M makes a bluetooth dongel which I think plugs into the '99 allowing audio and CB. It's the CB that's important. Any advice would be appreciated.

I found out after buying my Scala q2 headsets that there are a couple of different protocols for bluetooth to communcate. My scala set will synch up to my cell phones and will pickup the voice on a gps, but will not stream music, as I tried to stream it from my new tablet using Bluetooth. When i asked Scala, they said there is no fix other than buying their newer, more expensive headsets. (I still can get music to the headset using a cord though)

I hope you have more luck than I did.

Brian

I found out after buying my Scala q2 headsets that there are a couple of different protocols for bluetooth to communcate. My scala set will synch up to my cell phones and will pickup the voice on a gps, but will not stream music, as I tried to stream it from my new tablet using Bluetooth. When i asked Scala, they said there is no fix other than buying their newer, more expensive headsets. (I still can get music to the headset using a cord though)

I hope you have more luck than I did.

Brian

This Nolan set will stream in Stereo. I just spent some time on the J&M website and the dongle they make will only work with their headsets.... Yeesh!!

Have you tried contacting Buddy Rich? Maybe he has an idea whatcha need.

Brian

Yeah, I bought one of his mic cables. Never installed it. Trying to go all wireless... I don't think Buddy is into Bluetooth. I wish someone made a 5 pin plug in bluetooth adapter that could be plugged into the wired lead we all have instead of having to tear into the fairing to install it...

Hello Jack: Lee and I have Nolan N103 Helmets with Ncom headsets. This is the first season that we used them. I have sycned to my DroidX and my Ipod but of cousre our RSTD does not have the Radio that your RSV does. I have manuals if you would need them...

Thanks for the offer on the manual Mark, but I found .pfd manuals on the Nolan site... :thumbsup2:, and the Ebay seller said he'd be mailing me the hard copy this coming week.

The RSV is a whole different animal... sorta, and what I want to do is sync to the RSV audio system... especially the CB... I can sync to both my GPS and Cell phone individually, or sync the Cell phone to the GPS and then just sync to the GPS, which also has an MP3 player, only.

I'm going to call J&M directly on Monday morning and pose the question to them about their 'Dongle'. It would seem to me that since they sell Nolans they should make a Dongle that will work with the Nolan Bluetooth??? And if not..why not....

I've seen a pic of the latest J&M headset, and I don't like it all that much. Where the Nolan fits flush into the helmet recess, the J&M sticks out about 3/8th of an inch and extends down below the shell about a half inch.

http://www.jmcorp.com/linkpix/HS-EBLU629EDR-FL-L.JPG

I am sure that Kennedy Technology has everything you need. Figuring it out is another story. :)

http://www.cellset.com/multigps.html

Thanks for the link, but from what I can tell... looking at all the cellset flow charts...they deal in wired harnesses only, and not Bluetooth. I would need to be able to talk to both the GPS/Cell Phone, and the Audio/CB using the PPT button on the CB... They never mentioned anything about a CB. I think I need to talk to J&M on Monday. With this headset I can link to about 4 different bluetooth systems, but from what I'm thinking I'd only need to link to two??... Maybe?? :confused07:

hmmm......maybe.....I didn't spend a lot of time looking through everything but on their main page, they clearly mention Bluetooth.

http://www.cellset.com/Motorcycleitems.html

Yep this link takes me to the Bluetooth page. The other one took me to some sort of page that seemed to be dealing with wired only, and I really didn't see any home link off of it.... Gonna have to study a little further.....

Thanks for the offer on the manual Mark, but I found .pfd manuals on the Nolan site... :thumbsup2:, and the Ebay seller said he'd be mailing me the hard copy this coming week.

The RSV is a whole different animal... sorta, and what I want to do is sync to the RSV audio system... especially the CB... I can sync to both my GPS and Cell phone individually, or sync the Cell phone to the GPS and then just sync to the GPS, which also has an MP3 player, only.

I'm going to call J&M directly on Monday morning and pose the question to them about their 'Dongle'. It would seem to me that since they sell Nolans they should make a Dongle that will work with the Nolan Bluetooth??? And if not..why not....

I've seen a pic of the latest J&M headset, and I don't like it all that much. Where the Nolan fits flush into the helmet recess, the J&M sticks out about 3/8th of an inch and extends down below the shell about a half inch.

http://www.jmcorp.com/linkpix/HS-EBLU629EDR-FL-L.JPG

I agree that the Ncom system fits the Nolan helmets really well. Pricey$$$. A bike to bike intercom would be nice at times, but not everyone has Nolan helmets.

I agree that the Ncom system fits the Nolan helmets really well. Pricey$$$. A bike to bike intercom would be nice at times, but not everyone has Nolan helmets.

I agree with the term 'pricey'. If it wasn't for picking up this helmet.. w/bluetooth... off Ebay for a pittance, I probably wouldn't be posting. No way I could have afforded one...:mo money:

As far as Bike to Bike... that's the reason for trying to find something that will allow bluetooth to the RSV audio system. Then I'll be able to use the CB. J&M does state that theirs has the mike feature, but maybe only with their headsets?? Don's link looked interesting, but I didn't really see anything relating to a mic. I'll give them a call if J&M doesn't pan out.

UP DATE: I just called J&M to see if their 'bluetooth dongle' would be compatable with all bluetooth devises. It's a sad day in Mudville. Casey struck out. Their bluetooth dongles are prioritized to their head sets only. Something to do with programing?? So I still have the problem. I can't interface to my bike audio via bluetooth. The ironic part is I just want to use the CB when in a group ride. Nothing else in the system is all that important to me. I have everything else I need with the Nolan Kit2, my cell and my GPS/MP3 via bluetooth. Just to convert to J&M would cost a ton, something I'm not willing to do for just the CB feature. :mo money: So the search goes on. I'll give the Company Don suggested and also maybe Sierra. I'd call Nolan but it's a PITA finding a phone number to even call them. I hate filling out those contact forms....

Well I found the answer. Not what I wanted, but it'll do. Even though I have the Bluetooth capabilities to my GPS and Cell, the only way I'm going to use the CB is with a cable from Nolan. I just got off the phone with them, and must say they were great. We talked about a lot of things Nolan/Bluetooth, and I got a lot of info. The bad news is I'm not going to connect to the bike's audio via Bluetooth. The good part is it's not going to break the bank and cost me a months wages... :mo money:

$45 bucks and I'm on the air for the next group ride. :sign woo hoo:

So I give up. I've spend more time on this problem than I want too, and probably bored a few board members in the proccess....