IGNORED

Watch out for those hard candies & teeth

RandyR

Watch out for those nuts, hard candies, and other such items which can break teeth.

I didn't, and have been in pain all weekend. Tylenol doesn't do much to help.

I'll be standing at my dentist's door at 8am Monday.

Hopefully it can be capped or crowned and I won't loose it.

:(

For Dan, well, there is no help. Those 1st gen parts are quite painful. But for the others.....especially if you already wear caps on your teeth, stay away from those nonpareil chocolate candies that you find at Cracker Barrel stores. You know the ones...quarter size chocolates with those little white candy balls all over it. They get under those expensive caps and wreak havoc.....and cost plenty for that dentist trip!!!:smile5:

I once broke a tooth on my wife's scrambled eggs. Yep, true story. In fact it must have been fractured and ready to go when I started eating the eggs, but I am not going to admit that to Janet.

So now ya tell me ... (AFTER having us over for dinner) :stickpoke: :rotfl:

The dentist office was closed today. Normally its open on Mondays, but they are running a short week going into the holidays. I did get a prescription (called in) for some penicillin as an infection has set in. The severe pain has stopped though. I have an appointment at 2pm Tuesday. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a root canal if the tooth can be saved.

Good luck with the tooth Randy hope it will be an easy fix. Hope you have a great Christmas.

Steve

Steve, Merry Christmas to you.

To write a conclusion to this thread. By the time I got to the dentist on Tuesday, the pain was 99% gone, which was good. There was some infection higher up in the sinuses on my right face. The dentist did xrays and could find nothing wrong with the suspect tooth or any teeth near it. Did a bite test and cold test, and the pain was gone.

I had to keep telling the dentist how painful it was over the weekend.

But the good news was, no detectable cracks in the tooth or crown on it. The dentist did say that a slight vertical crack, or crack to the underlying bone might not show up. She said that its possible either that the underlying tissue was severely bruised or an infection had started in the nearby gum which was now cleared up there and moved into my sinuses.

She (my dentist) gave me a referal to an oral surgeon, who I was told to go to if the tooth pain returned, as she couldn't do anything more for me.

I'm continuing to take the 7day supply of penicillin and some antihistimines to treat the sinus infection that started after the tooth acted up. I still need to find a new medical Dr here in Dahlonega after starting on medicare plus supplements this month (just turned 65 2 weeks ago).

Interesting that you should bring up this topic. Tuesday we took Cynthia to the doctor for a follow up on her wrist.As we were waiting I took a piece of Salt Water taffy from the desk and as I bit in to it a cap came off so I spent the rest of Tuesday afternoon in the dentists office getting that fixed. I am good friends with my dentist ( he rides a Vulcan 2000) so I enjoyed the visit but needed the time elswhere.