IGNORED

led pods

w.steve wells

What I have on mine are black flexible strips that you can cut to length to fit. Mine are under the edge of tank each side and across the battery box area. You can get any color, "mine are blue lights". I had them put on at the "Davis Rally" in New Hampton, Iowa.

I will try to get a picture later on in the dark. (Garage is filled with stuff from another kid moving back in). Mike does GREAT work!

Bryan

Sorry bikes is a little dirty and with all the kids stuff I can't get a good shot. But they SHINE and SPARKLE!!!!

Edited by bryan52577
add Pictures

BRYAN!!!

Bryan52577 will chime in here and give you the info ya need !! he has some blue remote controle lights on his that really make the diamonds shine!!

b2dad also has the remote lights on his!:cool10:

oops he beat me to it!! thanks bryan!

The rep told me that WHITE would be the BEST for the Diamond cut!

And man oh man he was right.! REALLY makes the chrome shine as well.

One 12 inch strip an each side and the on/off switch on the tank off the

plastic shroud near the gas cap.

Anybody wound up having a "discussion" with LEOs as a result of these?

The local State Patrol here in Oskaloosa told me if you can see the bulbs it is illegal. Mine are illegal as he says but I can shut them off by touching a switch in my pocket. But I like them anyway!

Bryan

And the oil spots on the floor are NOT from this bike.

A couple of pictures before my bling from Mike.

Edited by bryan52577

Yeah, I got pulled over several years ago because I had two little green bullet LEDs in the grille of my car (wired in parallel with my aftermarket fog lights). He just warned/reminded me that anything other than clear/white or amber (showing to the front) is illegal for on road use. I've got a flexstrip of blue ones in the V of my engine.... sorta tucked down around the twinkie. If you were looking right at it you'd see them pretty easily but I've yet to be stopped and talked to about it. Come to think of it I passed up a WI state trooper riding a Hogg in July while riding after dark with those lights on. If anytime was prone to getting stopped- that was probably it. (Also had my red ones along the saddlebags on... they're all wired together.)

i knew you guys would come thru on that question, thanks for the pic's i just want to show off Mikes good work as i've had a lot of compliments on them,:santa: steve

Steve,

Do like me, if you see some ,,,,,,,,,, "Bikes" in a gas station, I pull in and park so the sun or lights are between the bike and the "other" riders and then go in and watch through the windows. :innocent-emoticon: Then try your best not to smile as you walk out. :whistling: They try to act as if they never saw the "blink" , but you know they did! :sign woo hoo:

Bryan

I mounted leds under my fuel tank and along the back fender, under the saddle bag mount rail, and in the trunk. The 5 led strips cost me $7.50 each from harbor freight. I attached then along the bottom of the tank behind the lip with some industrial two sided tape. I also used some two pin electrical plugs in the wiring so I could disconnect them when removing the tank. I installed a on-off switch just behind the riders seat.

Hope this helps.

Mike

The local State Patrol here in Oskaloosa told me if you can see the bulbs it is illegal. Mine are illegal as he says but I can shut them off by touching a switch in my pocket. But I like them anyway!

Bryan

And the oil spots on the floor are NOT from this bike.

A couple of pictures before my bling from Mike.

I like them too, not sure how someone could confuse that with an emergency vehicle...my pet peeve is fog lights in clear weather.

i was at a veteren's home last week with about 70 other riders mostly HD's got lucky enough to be parked near the doors so everyone had to pass by rsv and everyone comminted on the diamond cut fins and ask where and how they could get theirs done,i didnt have the hearty to tell them our fins are removable lol