IGNORED

Playboy called me out! Our Vision

okiestar

I would really have to agree with this statement. About a month ago, the wife and I did a test ride on the new Victory Cross Tourer - sweet handling bike. Her observation from riding on the back of that bike was that it was more comfortable and roomy, and that she felt I was much more at ease going through the twisties on the Victory over my Tour Deluxe - and she was right, even though I was "nervous" as I don't like to ride "others" bikes - even for a test ride. More than likely, our next bike will be the Cross Tourer. While I personally like the Vision, you cannot beat the luggage space available on the Cross Tourer - thus the reason I prefer that model.

I test drove both the Cross Country and the Vision,, The Vision was very nice, but seemed heavier than my Venture,, (I do have the smaller front tire and keep the air pressure up, so mine handles much quicker than when it was stock) but the Cross Country felt very responsive. But the one I road had the shorty wind shield and the wind buffeting was terrible. The new one with the trunk and taller windscreen does look nice.

• 1 month later...

I have always been intrigued by this bike and actually liked the styling. But, there was always something that I did not like about it. I think I just figured it out and it is that the fairing extends too far forward covering part of the front wheel. If the fairing had been recessed a little more under the front, more like a 1st gen, I think the bike would have looked better.

RandyA

• 2 weeks later...
But as we know NOthing can match the 1st Gen. Years ahead of its time in styling. Now if we could get them to bring it back with Fuel Injection, ABS.......

FJR is pretty close now. Hopefully they will do something cool with the new Vmax engine in the way of a touring bike, more sport and less cruiser than the current RSV. Im guessing Its only a matter of time....