IGNORED

Architect's

BradT

I dont know anything about being an architect but Ive used Google Sketchup when Ive wanted to draw something up. It works like a light version of a CAD program, its great, easy and its free.

http://sketchup.google.com/

Brian

Thanks for the tip on the Sketchup program. Down loaded it this afternoon. Nice! I've been wanting to lay out some drawings of a couple things I've been playing with making and this will do the trick. I'm a tightwad and didn't want to spent a bunch on a bottom end CAD program so this will do nicely.

I get the feeling I might be up for a while tonight. New toy ya know. Beats watching the er......S**W! Yikes! Winter has arrived!

Mike

Thanks for the tip on the Sketchup program. Down loaded it this afternoon. Nice! I've been wanting to lay out some drawings of a couple things I've been playing with making and this will do the trick. I'm a tightwad and didn't want to spent a bunch on a bottom end CAD program so this will do nicely.

I get the feeling I might be up for a while tonight. New toy ya know. Beats watching the er......S**W! Yikes! Winter has arrived!

Mike

There is a Big 10 championship game on TV you could watch. Oh yeh, Nebraska isn't involved.:stirthepot:

There is a Big 10 championship game on TV you could watch. Oh yeh, Nebraska isn't involved.:stirthepot:

:stickpoke:Funny guy!

I'm a misfit in the Husker state

I own NOTHING in red clothing.....

I have NOTHING with a big "N" on it....

I DO NOT own a Corn Cob hat...

I'm alone here.

The neighbors know I have a hockey stick and leave me alone. :smile5:

Brad.

You after an architect or a draftsman?

BIG difference.

I'm the latter - wished I was the former.

I have a floor plan in mind and wanted someone to show a 3 dimensional view of what it could look like. I can draw it in Cad but only the floor plan. Wondering what the house could look like from the floor plan.

I was a Design draftsman 20 years ago.

Brad

What format is the floor plan in?

If you can get it into a DXF format I can drop it into Solid Edge 3D and extrude it out. It would give you a spatial type view. Somewhat like looking into it with roof removed from an isometric view. Not sure if I could export to a 3d pdf or not.

It would be fairly quick to do. This would only be walls, no door or window representation at this point. Could of course be done, but more involved and time consuming.

Gary

I have a floor plan in mind and wanted someone to show a 3 dimensional view of what it could look like. I can draw it in Cad but only the floor plan. Wondering what the house could look like from the floor plan.

Brad

There are alot of pretty neat software programs out that do just what you want, and they arent too expensive, 3D Home Arch. or Punch 3D are 2 I have used, simple to learn and were only around $50. Its been awhile mite be alittle more $$$$ now.

Craig

Brad

I would give google Sketchup a try , its kinda surprising what it will do for free , and it will do 3D modelling. Here is a link to the info and tutorial site for Sketchup.

http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/training/videos/new_to_gsu.html

Here is a link to a gallery of projects done with Google Sketchup, to give you a good idea of what is possible

https://picasaweb.google.com/gallery.sketchup/Gallery?feat=flashalbum#5257438338261001282

Edited by friesman
added Gallery link