IGNORED

She Takes a Holiday and Gets a Job to BOOT!

SilvrT

Our daughter Tiffany (the singer) went to Ft Lauderdale a couple weeks back to visit her boyfriend. He works on a privately owned yacht. Upon arriving back home, she announces that she's moving because she now has a job on the same yacht. She flew out this morning.

Ohhhh how I wish I was younger ... I am envious but wish her all the best. They set sail for the Bahamas in a couple weeks and after that, it's off to such places as Spain.... what a tough life it will be for her .... :whistling: :stickpoke:

Check it out...

http://www.moranyachts.com/Catalog/Yacht/?ID=577

Good for her. I wish her all the best.

My uncle allowed me to run some of his "yachts" many years ago. But he got really picky about where he wanted me to go with them. Didn't take me very long to figure out that was not what I wanted to spend a lot of time doing.

:15_8_211[1]:

Good for her. Gotta get out and see the world.:cool10:

heh ... that girl has been to so many places already ... she can pack with her eyes closed. A year ago she travelled all over Europe and a year before that she was taking some course in Italy ... I get worn out just trying to keep track. Lawd knows where she'll be off to after this gig!

One thing's for sure tho .... it's all fantastic experience which I'm sure will play a role in her future endeavours.

$97,000 to charter it for 1 week?!!? Must cater to the "family" crowd and politicians...

well heck... split that among 10 guests and it's ONLY $9,700 a person ... a drop in the bucket man ... geeez ... oh yeah... PLUS EXPENSES ... :doh: :cool10: :rotf:

Hope it works for her.

We do too ... not only will she be having to learn a new job, work for a new boss, live on the sea,,,,, she will also be living in CLOSE QUARTERS with her relatively new boyfriend. They have known each other for about 3 years and have worked together in the past but they've only been in a "relationship" for maybe 6 months.

It will be a real test in more ways than one.

Your daughter is about to learn what work is all about!!! I have been involved in running private yachts up to 140' and the stewardess's work long and hard when guests are on the boat. She will also make good money, as tips normally run from a thousand up per week when chartered. The other good thing about being on the boats is you get to travel on the bosses dime. Hope she doesn't get seasick, tell her to check out the scopalamine patches, as they seem to work best. I wish her good luck and safe travels.

A fellow worker has a nephew who is a master diver. This young man just got a job on one of these private Yachts. From what I hear he is in "seventh heaven" I hope your daughter has a great time. I sent the link to my niece, She speaks a couple of languages, and is a hard worker.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a week of training, they left Ft Lauderdale on Friday evening, heading for the Virgin Islands. They will be docking here... http://www.yachthavengrande.com/ which is in St. Thomas.

Evidently a lot of their "down time" will be spent there.... poor kids ... I feel so sorry for them LOL

They are about 1/2 day out from Yacht Haven and it sounds like they encountered some pretty rough seas enroute. Quite the "initiation" apparently.

A friend of mine has a daughter who worked on cruise ships for a few years. She was the scuba instructor. She loved it.

Tiffy has scuba dived and also done a fair amount of surfing ... she won't be at a loss for things to do but who would down there LOL

ahhhhhh just give me my recliner ... I'll close my eyes and pretend ... that way I don't have to exert any effort LOL