IGNORED

Tire mix up

Dave3

NOt very happy this afternoon. Today started out with me going to have my new Dunlop E3 rear installed on the Venture. Arrived at Cycle Nation about 9:45am. They quickly took my bike in to the service bay. I spoke to parts about a price match from Motorcycle Superstore and got $30 refunded. That's when the "Happy" feeling went south. Turns out that their warehouse sent the wrong size tire. That wouldn't be too bad, but service already removed my rear tire from the rim. So they gave me a ride home and I wait till the correct tire comes in to be installed. Hopefully by Wed. It's always something...

Same type of thing happened to me. I ordered the tire through the shop (a Michelin Comander) and when the shop owner checked after it was mounted to make sure the tire was mounted in the right direction he found out that it was actually a front tire. He didn't have a decent replacement tire for it so he had to order one overnite and couldn't get a Comander so he ended up getting me a E3 for the same price. Since then I have been sold on the E3.

That's one of the reasons I like to order tires directly from the supplier. The set of E3's I just put on the '99 ran me about $225 to my door. The local Yamaha dealer mounted them for $90 bucks.... on the bike. Gave them the bike and walked up the street to a cafe for breakfast. Got back and the deed had been done. Capitol Yamaha Sacramento Ca.... :thumbsup2: