IGNORED

Stainless Steel Brackets

GolfVenture

Anyone know where one can get stainless steel or chrome channeled U shape long bracket (The U channel be 1 in X 1 in X 1 in and about the length of the rear trunk mount) where it could be mounted under the far rear of the trunk mount so the open end is to the front on the bike and the closed end is facing the rear of the bike where I could install from Custom Dynamics Sequential Amber LED Turn Signals on the ends and in the center a Custom Dynamics LED Stop Lamp. Then under the bracket I could install a couple of white lights hooked to a push switch where I can get the attention of cagers approaching dangerously. Even an L shape bracket would work.

Or maybe someone has a good suggestion as to where one could mount the lights described, except drilling into the plastic trunk for an MKII.

Lowe's / Home Depot has L angle and channel. Sorry, niether will be Chrome or SS..

Suggeestion:

Check out the bathroom hardware section for a chrome L angle or part that may work.

If you choose the L angel or "U" channel idea here are some helpful install instructions.

• Cut the L angle or U channel to your aquired length.
  • Locate (twice), mark, inspect then complete any required drilling, deburr
  • Inspect again for proper alignment and location of each part
  • Lightly abraid the surfaces of both part using 180 grit or finer abrasive
  • Clean
  • Cover with (2) coats of grey primer on each item, dry over night.
  • Cover with (20 coats of black (or chrome), dry over night.
  • Install
  • Locate lights and cover them..

Have fun..

Eck

If going the stainless steel route beware. It's real hard to work with. Tough on cutting tools and drill bits. If you're only drilling a few holes then not too bad. You can get mirror finish and polished SS sheet metal. Aluminium can be polished to look close to chrome and is much easier to work with. It will tarnish in time so a coat of clear urethane or lacquer will help to keep it shiny longer.

I tried to order thru McMaster and never got any response...twice!

Maybe they just ignore Canadian orders???

Yes, mcmaster ignored me twice as well, i called and got told they dont do Canadian orders.

What bugged me was that I went thru the whole procedure credit card and all, with no response....why not just a note on the website so I dont waste my time and send my info over the net....it just screams bad customer service.

Brian