IGNORED

Can somebody make a phone call for me please?

shouldn't have to wait much.....when does the visa bill arrive for the stuff you bought for christmas? :)

Not sure when it comes in but it is paid already. :rotf:Can stand to owe on a credit card.

Still have to wait though as can not afford it right now, unless the CDN dollar climbs another 10-15 points:sign20:

Brad

Hey, i sincerly doubt, that what you will get with a 2008 Shock is different to a 2007 or 2006 Unit.

Why should they change anything on the maufacturing of the Shock ?/quote]

I actually heard a whisper from a member on this thread that the 2008 shock was a 'newie'. After all, there have been 4 modifications so far in the past 8 years and they (Yamahahaha) still can't get it right.

Hi Spear

Steve from Perth here. When I ordered my shock from Flatout they had none in stock. I've since had the shipment confirmed and it left Chicago on 22nd December. Delivery g'td by 2nd Jan. I'll be interested to see what arrives.

It has a new part no. 99999-03500-00 which is the redesigned unit put on the 05 onwards or so I understand.

I just have to wair and see.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Hi Spear

Steve from Perth here. When I ordered my shock from Flatout they had none in stock. I've since had the shipment confirmed and it left Chicago on 22nd December. Delivery g'td by 2nd Jan. I'll be interested to see what arrives.

It has a new part no. 99999-03500-00 which is the redesigned unit put on the 05 onwards or so I understand.

I just have to wair and see.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Hey Steve.

How's the west?

I did see that part number somewhere else, but I've also seen another.

Now I'm confused...:confused24:

Not to worry, there is a fantastic team on the ground in the good ol' USofA going out of its way to help me. Bl00dy unbelievable! ! !

I'm having to wait a few days until Flatout is back on deck after the Chrissie break. That won't hurt me though.

I've opted for the genuine part rather than the much dearer Works unit mainly for that reason - price.

Did you see the story in the latest Australian Road Rider about the bloke who rode the new Kwakka 1400 from the east coast to the west, then turned around and rode back again? Makes your run from Qld to WA look like a walk in the park.

Enjoy your day and whatever 2008 brings to you.

Cheers,

Steve P

My rear shock arrived from Flatout today. Cleared customs at 2:30 am this morning and arrived at my door by 1:30 pm. Thats really good service for this time of year, both for USPS and Australia Post.

The unit is definately the OEM revised Yamaha unit for 05 onwards models .

The rubber boot is sealed and it has the new snorkel vent instead.

Oh yeah - the Kwaka guy must have forgotten his wallet.

Hey Steve,

I'm waiting until after 1 January for a comparison on the 2005 and 2008 shock. The guys at Flatout are going to check with Yamahahaha's technical people on same, and from there I buy - depending on that outcome. Danob11 is doing the groundwork for me (God bless his little cotton socks) and I hope to then be able to order direct from Flatout to save him being mucked around any more.

I see it's been a bit (a BIT?) hot over that way over Christmas. How'd you like the 42degC on Boxing Day?

We haven't been over 27 until today, when it hit 33.

On top of all that though we have had buckets and buckets of rain. How's 7 inches over 5 days sound?

Have a good 2008.

Steve

I'll be surprised if the 08 unit is any different to the revised 05.

Even after having 5 years of claims, the best Yamaha would do is only redesign the rubber boot. The new boot does not have breathing holes but uses a snorkel instead which is also filtered at its end.

Perth had its hottest recorded Boxing Day at 44.2 degrees (111.5). Our friends 20kms inland had 47 degrees (116.6):225:

Five years of claims, eh?

Then why the hell does Yamahahah Australia tell me it knows of no problem with the unit?

The company gave me the brush-off when I inquired, and no doubt you'll get the same response. Have you approached it yet?

Greetings all,

I've had unbelievable help from Squidly and Danob re this matter. Dano has been to the bike shop and made some inquiries for me. Pursuant to that, I have sent Flatout a further Email (directed at Chris, the Email dealer) and suddenly received a very positive response from him. You didn't lean too heavily on him did you Dano?

I now have Dano making personal inquiries at ground zero, and I'm dealing direct from the other side of the world.

Hopefully within a couple of days I'll know if the latest (2005-8) shock is available, and with any sort of luck have one within a week.

I had offers from members to buy the shock and ship it to me themselves, trusting me to re-imburse them. Now, that's what I call mateship. Thanks guys. It would seem now however that Flatout is back in the loop and I will be able to pay them from here via my Visa card.

I can't thank everybody enough for the work that has been done for me over in Indiana. I am forever in your debt.

I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

Dano - I've PMd you today.

Cheers,

Spear

• 1 month later...

Well, I bit the bullet tonight and ordered my new rear shock from Chris at FlatOut - before your US$ loses any more value. My Au$$ie dollar only buys me 89cents US. While I was at it I ordered some other things I needed.

So - to everybody in the posts above who have done so much for me, I thank you from the bottom of my little Aussie heart. You have made it so easy to get things moving.

I now sit and wait.

Going on a BIG 4 days ride on 13-16 March, so hope to have it installed before then.

(C'mon Chris - let's get it happening old mate. You have my money, now I need the goods!) :)

Cheers guys,

Spear (rhymes with beer!)

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all.

Walked across the road to the post office 10 minutes ago, and there was a parcel waiting for me - all the way from Flat Out.

Despatched at 6:51pm February 8th from Greenwood Indiana and arrived in my home town in Oz at 6am February 14th. Six days from go to whoa! Can't beat that.

I've already pre-warned my local Yamaha stealer that I want to have him fit it and give the bike a service for me before my week away mid-March.

So again - many thanks to all and sundry who got this kicked off for me.

Chris at Flat Out was an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Kept the communication lines open and dealt with my order with the utmost efficiency.

Now, all I gotta do is more riding (with a bit more rebound in the rear end!)

Have booked the RSV in to my local Yamaha stealer tomorrow week to have the shock installed. Also having a general pre-ride check done (tyre and shock pressures etc, check fluid levels and conditions etc) before doing my 4 days sojourn with my brothers mid-March. That'll be a BIG couple of days. Me, 3 Hardlies and a Honda 1100 Super bol d'or. Have decided to leave the Samson pipes on. Can't have the Hardlies out-roaring me now, can I?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all once again.

Had the new rear shock fitted today, and had the service manager at the stealers give it a once over ready for a trip "as if it was his own bike."

Can't believe the difference in the ride now that the cloud has been re-installed under the rear end. No more harsh bottoming out. Runs just like a Venture should. Fifteen days to go and I'm off on 4 days riding with the brothers. Will post some pics when I get back.

Thank you all - again.