IGNORED

Short vid of my new 01 RSV

Siscakidd

Took a short vid of my new to me 2001 RSV ,any body know what this color combo is called,thanks for looking,ps I love this thing much nicer to ride then my raider

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCzz2Qjy40Y&feature=youtube_gdata_playe]2001 Star Venture - YouTube[/ame] r

Love the bike! A lot.......where exactly is it and what time is it unattended????? LOL

Seriously though, that is my absolute favorite color combo for the Venture. Only one thing (aside from being mine) would make it better! A set of godfathers....see the pics.

(no, it's not mine :(......could've been, should've been, but I was too slow on the bid trigger)

Love the bike! A lot.......where exactly is it and what time is it unattended????? LOL

Seriously though, that is my absolute favorite color combo for the Venture. Only one thing (aside from being mine) would make it better! A set of godfathers....see the pics.

(no, it's not mine :(......could've been, should've been, but I was too slow on the bid trigger)

Thanks ...

Are the god fathers the white wall tires? Or the fringe hanging off the levers,please enlighten a noob

Guest tx2sturgis

Pimp my ride! Bling for your thing!

Hey the technical term for that fringe on the grips is called:

'Wrist Poppers'.

Just helpin a 'noob'...

:whistling:

The godfathers are Wide White Wall tires.

There are some bikes that look completely wrong with them. Others look wrong without them; that bike with that color combo is the latter.

I agree that the bike you posted looks great with the god fathers,gonna have to wear out the brand new metzelers 880,s that came on it before I change them ,but it is now on the list,thanks for the info,drove my Raider around for a while yesterday and hated it,lack of wind protection ,stiff ride and handling ,no radio,gonna trade or sell it for Stratoliner Deluxe,already put a post in the classified section on another forum

Edited by Siscakidd

Guest tx2sturgis
,gonna trade or sell it for Stratoliner Deluxe,already put a post in the classified section on another forum

Be sure you ride that Strat before you buy it....I took one for a demo ride at Sturgis and did not like it at all. I guess you could get used to it, and everyone has different preferences. But at highway speeds the wind blast from underneath the fairing is VERY bothersome...the bars were WAY too wide for comfort, and the driveline had a LOT of slack in it, which made it hard to ride the bike smoothly at low parking lot speeds.

My passenger for the test ride didnt like it either, mainly because of no backrest, but I'm guessing that a passenger backrest could be added.

Now the motor was great....that Strat had plenty of power.

Just take one for a ride first.

I agree that the bike you posted looks great with the god fathers,gonna have to wear out the brand new metzelers 880,s that came on it before I change them ,but it is now on the list,thanks for the info,drove my Raider around for a while yesterday and hated it,lack of wind protection ,stiff ride and handling ,no radio,gonna trade or sell it for Stratoliner Deluxe,already put a post in the classified section on another forum

FYI..Keep a very VERY close watch on those Metzlers. There are threads throughout this place with horror stories about them blowing chunks and dumping bikes in the process. I don't know if they give any warning (cracks, squirm, etc.) before they come unglued....maybe some of the guys who have had them, seen them can give you a better heads up. Good luck with 'em & again....nice bike, my man!!!

FYI..Keep a very VERY close watch on those Metzlers. There are threads throughout this place with horror stories about them blowing chunks and dumping bikes in the process. I don't know if they give any warning (cracks, squirm, etc.) before they come unglued....maybe some of the guys who have had them, seen them can give you a better heads up. Good luck with 'em & again....nice bike, my man!!!

They blow under heavy load or just under normal driving?