IGNORED

Heated vest wiring install ?

ragtop69gs

I potted a hose clamp onto my controller and clamped the controller to Becky's arm rest. I wired it into the rear accessory connector and replaced the 5 amp fuse withb a 15 amp fuse. The wire gauge on the accessory connector is a little enemic but the wire does not seem to overheat so far. One of my winter projects is to replace the wire with a little thicker gauge wire...

I let the plug in just hang from under my seat. When I was not using it I just tuck up under the seat. The controller I just put velcro on back of it and on left leg of my bibs I was wearing.

Not sure I want it velcro'ed to me. I was looking for my best option that would be easy for me or a passenger to use. So far I have the main lead velcro'ed to the plastic divider that separates the battery from the rear fender. I can't seem to find a spot for the controller that is easy to use and looks good.

I potted a hose clamp onto my controller and clamped the controller to Becky's arm rest. I wired it into the rear accessory connector and replaced the 5 amp fuse withb a 15 amp fuse. The wire gauge on the accessory connector is a little enemic but the wire does not seem to overheat so far. One of my winter projects is to replace the wire with a little thicker gauge wire...

I went right to the battery posts but I'm not sure I like it not being switched. Why did you up the fuse size? won't that let the wires get too hot before blowing the fuse in case of a short ? or worse burn you!

Guest tx2sturgis

I use the same connector on my controller as the one thats on my battery for my battery maintainer. Matching plugs all around. There is no need for a switch, as the controller is removed when not being used.

I have the Yamaha tank bra, and there is some velcro on the flap for the rearmost pocket on that bra. I just attach the controller, and then attach the vest, then press the controller with its velcro pad, down onto the velcro patch on the flap.

You will want to arrange the cords and controller so that WHEN (not IF) you jump off the bike with it still plugged in, it will all disengage without pulling out any wires.

I use the same connector on my controller as the one thats on my battery for my battery maintainer. Matching plugs all around. There is no need for a switch, as the controller is removed when not being used.

I have the Yamaha tank bra, and there is some velcro on the flap for the rearmost pocket on that bra. I just attach the controller, and then attach the vest, then press the controller with its velcro pad, down onto the velcro patch on the flap.

You will want to arrange the cords and controller so that WHEN (not IF) you jump off the bike with it still plugged in, it will all disengage without pulling out any wires.

Tank Bra velcro :lightbulb: That would work ! I know about When, not if.... I do that with the head set cord every so often.:doh: