IGNORED

Rookie Mistake

Rick Haywood

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, Got just the parts list estimate so far and we are at $3100 just in parts. Gonna have to be careful on the labor costs so we don't get at the 80% worth and they total it. I will do the work myself so the dealer said he'd show what i wanted if it got to high.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get her all fixed up nice for the leaf looker ride, in a few weeks!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

Doubt I will have it fixed by then because of the ribs. I thought I'd just wait and do it after riding season. I will be in the market for some used parts this way I can get things cheaper and since I laid it down I am thinking it needs more Safety Chrome. I hadn't noticed the dent in the tank from my knee so that added $1300 At least I can still ride it so we won't miss the leaf lookers. :clap2:

Well I got the fiana:confused24:l estimate and it came in at $6300 parts and labor. I had them take off a couple parts and some labor to get it down to $5200. The bike is only worth $6800 and I was afraid at the higher estimate they would want to total the bike and the only things really wrong with it are crash bars, lower fairings both mufflers and a small dent in fuel tank. But man are the part expensive. The front fender has a little ding which I had them take off and the middle assembly on the exhaust has a little ding in the chrome. Those 2 items alone are like $1000. We will see what happens.