IGNORED

Dyna Beads & Ride On

GolfVenture

Here is the link for Ride-On (They spell it with a hyphen) if you want more info.

http://www.ride-on.com/

Haven't used it but from the product description, I don't think it would work well with Dyna Beads since it stays "wet". This would cause the Beads to stick to the Ride-On and that could cause a severe out of balance situation. Sounds like you should use one or the other but not both at once. Must admit, the claims for Ride-On certainly sound good, but I too would want to hear from a few users before I tried it.

Andy

Ride-On is used by several members here and I havnt heard of a negative comment. I use it and it does seem to smooth out the ride. I understand that Ride On gets a consistency of jelly when in your tire so it doesnt get messy like Slime and most of the other tire sealers and balancers. It also doesnt attack the aluminum wheels. ive never had a nail or a leak to I cant say for sure if it stops leaks or not, some of the other members will have to speak to that.

Brian

I have used Ride-On for years until I found that it does indeed leave a build-up of crud on your rims. The stuff does work great, even with a nail puncture but I also found out that it can corrode the rims even though its touted as non-corrosive. It attacked the bead seat area on the rims. I had a hell of a time using a scotchbrite pad on a drill along with acetone to finally clean it all off. It seems that you need to clean the rim completely every time you mount a new tire. Most of your shops where you get your tires mounted may not do this for you unless you specify it.

I have used Ride-On for years until I found that it does indeed leave a build-up of crud on your rims. The stuff does work great, even with a nail puncture but I also found out that it can corrode the rims even though its touted as non-corrosive. It attacked the bead seat area on the rims. I had a hell of a time using a scotchbrite pad on a drill along with acetone to finally clean it all off. It seems that you need to clean the rim completely every time you mount a new tire. Most of your shops where you get your tires mounted may not do this for you unless you specify it.

So what do you use in replace of Ride-On?

So what do you use in replace of Ride-On?

Right now, nothing. I will be trying the Dyna Beads for balancing. As far as a sealer goes you cant beat Ride-On. You just have to make sure that the rim is completely cleaned whenever you mount a new tire. You just cannot combine the beads and ride on. I never used the Ride-On as a complete balancing additive. I still balanced the wheel with weights and the Ride-On enhanced that function. Dyna Beadswill eliminate the need for weights.

I use dyna beads and have been in all my bikes for about 6 years. they work great and keep a true balanced tire throughout the life of it. as for a sealent I haven't have to use any (knock on wood). I have got many to try the beads and they all use them now. good luck with either choice.

I use Ride-on. Dyna beads will not seal your tire if you get a puncture but Ride on is supposed to balance, seal, and keep your tires running cooler and lasting about 20% longer... haven't been able to verify the last.

I was going to Denver when I hit something in the road. Thought it was a Rock as it made a ringing pop sound like you hear if you hit a rock just right. I rode 10 miles at 70 mph before the bike got squirrely and I stopped. There was a gash about 1/2" long in the tread about 1/2" from center. I'm sure that if I hadn't had Ride-on in the tire I would probably have crashed or had a hard time making it to the side of the road.

I also started using Bike-on in my bicycle tires. I was walking the bike on the side of the road trying to find credit cards that a guy, who'd taken a lady's purse, had discarded on the side of the road. I got somewhere near 15 or 20 goat heads in the front and rear tires. 5 or 6 of those hissed when I pulled them out. I rode back home and I have not replaced the inner tubes. The tires lose no more air now than they did before I got the punctures and no more air than my wife's tires when I check them weekly.

What can I say... The stuff works!!